[1.12.*] MOAR [x] Science! - KSP Science report and checklist

linuxgurugamer

2 hours ago, PONDI said:

This problem persists on all versions of the mod.

There are some strange entries in your log file, before I say there's a problem, what language are you playing in?

You can try installing the KSP Toolbar, and then see if the buttons will show up on that toolbar.  Assumijng you do, you will have to do a few things to enable it there:

• Enable it in the Toolbar Controller window
  • Enable it in the KSP Toolbar

Other than that and my first question, I don't see anything odd in your log file

2 часа назад, linuxgurugamer сказал:

В вашем лог-файле есть какие-то странные записи, прежде чем я скажу, что есть проблема, на каком языке вы играете?

Вы можете попробовать установить панель инструментов KSP, а затем посмотреть, появятся ли кнопки на этой панели инструментов. Предполагая, что вы это сделаете, вам нужно будет сделать несколько вещей, чтобы включить его там:

• Включите его в окне контроллера панели инструментов.
  • Включите его на панели инструментов KSP.

Кроме этого и моего первого вопроса, я не вижу ничего странного в вашем лог-файле.

I play in Russian. After installing the KSP Toolbar, as well as after enabling the mod in all tabs, everything worked. Thank you very much!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, RB101 said:

Running into a similar issue to others (where the menu icon does not show)

I also cannot uninstall/Reinstall this (or any dependencies) using ckan atm for some reason?

Try installing the KSP Toolbar.

Regarding the uninstall, this is a CKAN issue 

@HebaruSancan you help here?

14 hours ago, RB101 said:

I also cannot uninstall/Reinstall this (or any dependencies) using ckan atm for some reason?

11 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Not without any information about the problem.

@RB101

I'd suggest moving over to the CKAN thread, and post details about the uninstall issue:

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 2 months later...

A "Bug",

The mode does not pick the the following location based science;-
1. Woomerang Launch Site
2. Dessert Launch Site
3. Dessert Airfield

it dose however pick up the Island Airfield, giving me hope that theses can be added in easaly as well i think? hope thats not too much to ask right.

And the "Eva Report", button is greyed out when inside the craft, duh. But then it disappears when i get the kerbals to go on an Eva.

Edited by Vphurple Izumi

On 3/17/2023 at 4:20 AM, Vphurple Izumi said:

A "Bug",

The mode does not pick the the following location based science;-
1. Woomerang Launch Site
2. Dessert Launch Site
3. Dessert Airfield

it dose however pick up the Island Airfield, giving me hope that theses can be added in easaly as well i think? hope thats not too much to ask right.

And the "Eva Report", button is greyed out when inside the craft, duh. But then it disappears when i get the kerbals to go on an Eva.

Please add these as issues on Github, if you can

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, kurgut said:

Hi, 

I noticed this warning spam, which I suspect might cause some lag in the editor, I'll attach KSP.log later
Any idea about it ?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yptzlw66q2u7u12/Player.log?dl=0

Thanks for your help :)

While I doub lf the messages themselves are causing any significant lag, I will get this fixed.

New release, 6.0.1.4

• Changed logging level for non-debug builds to only report errors

On 5/7/2023 at 7:54 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 6.0.1.4

Hi,

I'm having again frequent freezes in the VAB since your last update, accompanied by a dozen console spam warnings :

"[R&D]: No Experiment definition found with id ROCScience"

I did a quick search, and strangely this was reported once or twice in the old  [x] science forum thread...

Here's the usuals, ksp.log, modulemanager log, modulemanager config cache.

KSPlog: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ftic9lit09rsy3r/KSP.log?dl=0
MMlog: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lterynr0ott3nm6/ModuleManager.log?dl=0

MMcache: https://www.dropbox.com/s/un51p5ezb7daukw/ModuleManager.ConfigCache?dl=0

Thanks for your help ! :) 

6 hours ago, kurgut said:

Hi,

I'm having again frequent freezes in the VAB since your last update, accompanied by a dozen console spam warnings :

"[R&D]: No Experiment definition found with id ROCScience"

I did a quick search, and strangely this was reported once or twice in the old  [x] science forum thread...

Here's the usuals, ksp.log, modulemanager log, modulemanager config cache.

KSPlog: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ftic9lit09rsy3r/KSP.log?dl=0
MMlog: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lterynr0ott3nm6/ModuleManager.log?dl=0

MMcache: https://www.dropbox.com/s/un51p5ezb7daukw/ModuleManager.ConfigCache?dl=0

Thanks for your help ! :) 

Well, the oonly thing changed in the last update was the logging level, so the freezes aren't related to that

Re. the ROCScience, I'll have to look into that, busy with a few other mods right now, will get to this eventually

23 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Re. the ROCScience, I'll have to look into that, busy with a few other mods right now, will get to this eventually

Thanks for your answers, sure take your time ;) 

• 3 months later...

Hi @linuxgurugamer @kurgut

I've been looking at this issue and it seems to come from the ScienceContext.cs file at method UpdateExperiments(). From my testing, it is finding this "ROCScience" experiment on the EVA parts, (which I think comes from Breaking Ground dlc?)

Looking through the code, shows that on line 244 we are checking the list of AvailablePart's and on line 261 we are grabbing the science module ModuleScienceExperiment that this part contains. Below is a list of all of the parts and their attached modules referencing ROCScience that I grabbed through the Visual Studio Debugger:

Spoiler

AvailablePart = kerbalEVA
ModuleScienceExperiment = maleEVA
Module.experiment = ROCScience

AvailablePart = kerbalEVAfemale
ModuleScienceExperiment = femaleEVA

AvailablePart = kerbalEVAVintage
ModuleScienceExperiment = kerbalEVA_RD_Exp

AvailablePart = kerbalEVAfemaleVintage
ModuleScienceExperiment = kerbalEVA_female_Exp

AvailablePart = kerbalEVAFuture
ModuleScienceExperiment = kerbalEVA_RD_Future

AvailablePart = kerbalEVAfemaleFuture
ModuleScienceExperiment = kerbalEVA_female_Future

AvailablePart = kerbalEVASlimSuit
ModuleScienceExperiment = kerbalEVA_SlimSuitMale

AvailablePart = kerbalEVASlimSuitFemale
ModuleScienceExperiment = kerbalEVA_SlimSuitFemale

AvailablePart = RobotArmScanner.S1
ModuleScienceExperiment = RobotArmScanner.S1

AvailablePart = RobotArmScanner.S2
ModuleScienceExperiment = RobotArmScanner.S2

AvailablePart = RobotArmScanner.S3
ModuleScienceExperiment = RobotArmScanner.S3

As we can see, every part referencing a ROCScience experiment are all either a kerbalEVA or a RobotArmScanner part. The problem here is that on line 266 when we are running ResearchAndDevelopment.GetExperiment(Module.experimentID) it is returning null because a ScienceExperiment is not defined for these "ROCScience" experiments. I'm assuming that this experiment type is supposed to be the Breaking Ground specific experiments, that probably does not function as the normal type of experiment.

Therefore I think that there may be reason to have a check to skip these modules in the code. Although I don't think this is actually what is causing the freezes. That's probably due to the method UpdateExperiments() iterating over PartLoader.LoadedPartsList, which at stock already consists of about 490 entries. This gets majorly escalated as you install more mods and thus have more parts to iterate through, causing this freezing every time the call to do a full refresh happens. In fact that's easily reproducible whenever you open up the X Science window for the first time on a new scene load, as it has to repopulate the windows with fresh data. I believe it could use a refactoring to increase the efficiency of this method.

Edited by UltraJohn

New release, 6.0.2

• Disabled all remaining reverences to the Blizzy toolbar in the config
  • Thanks to github user @UltraJohn for these:
    • When an experiment is not rerunnable, such as if it requires an engineer to reset, the experiment button in the "Here and Now" window will be color coded orange to indicate this.
    • A new setting: "Simple Mode" that simply hides the bottom number on the experiment buttons and slightly increases the font size, for a cleaner look.
Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 4 weeks later...

I hate to sound like the stupid guy here, but there is something a little unclear to me. I've read most of this thread and I see that there is mention about updating the window. I was curious if the completed experiments are stored elsewhere and [x] science reads from this list. The reason for my question is that I would like to update to this latest version, my current version being several years old. I would rather not lose all of the science that I have already done and have to repeat it if I update this. My gut feeling says that the completed science lists are kept within KSP themselves, since it has to know what you've done or not, and [x] science reads those files and thus an update would not cause me to lose any science and that it would properly repopulate after I update it.

Thanks and super congrats to you linuxgurugamer for all of your hard work in working on these mods. It is very much appreciated.

Yes, your understanding is correct. This mod does not affect the science already done, which is stored "by KSP itself", as you say, to put it some way. It just checks the science already done and displays it for you, as well as offers you a window with buttons to conveniently run experiments on your current vessel. Installing, updating or removing this mod should not impact at all the science already done in your save.

Happy sciencing! Enjoy!

LaunchPad FX science showing up in checklist.  99% sure its Kopernicus related.  I uninstalled it and it went away.  

iJlvMj8.png

player log:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/m4fidrvbigkgm0myyxw78/Player.log?rlkey=h6rnh5leyaktjudfyi9tyvijv&dl=0

Love this mod, appreciate the hard work.  

Edit:  Added "LaunchpadFX" to the text filters in settings and science, seems to have nuked it.  

Edit2: Kerbin's ROC showed up when I added a scanning arm to a rover (I think).  A text filter in the science.cfg file removed it from the list.  

KO0jqhA.png

Edited by RiceCakes85

if i use [x]science to collect experiments that require samples(e.g. Mystery Goo Observation, Materials Study),the experiment will become unavailable(scientists cannot reset it)and no science will be collected. when i run it again, it will show 'no more sample can be collected' .

Edited by Max_Xu

15 hours ago, Max_Xu said:

if i use [x]science to collect experiments that require samples(e.g. Mystery Goo Observation, Materials Study),the experiment will become unavailable(scientists cannot reset it)and no science will be collected. when i run it again, it will show 'no more sample can be collected' .

Hi, with or without [x]science it for me the normal behavior for this two experiments. So i use another mod wich give me 100 % result at the first test.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.