Spaceman.Spiff

Since Steam decided that today was the day to be a turd, I've finally gotten to upload my screenshots!

A Tour of My Sandbox

U8OhRNV.png

A much clearer picture of this beauty(?). 

7O7bxTd.png

This took 7 launches and about 10 hours of on and off work on it to get it to its current state. I learned a LOT about docking though, which has come in handy!

jyUCfIy.png

Yet another unclear image.

bA5wwcC.png

Anyways!

y5osoGP.png

On to my next contraption, the Mercury 2. This is an ion powered mothership created before I knew Heat Control existed, hence the radiator spam.

It has three NFE nuclear reactors to power its five advanced VASMIR engines. It has a large crew capacity, power generation, and almost 25 km/s of dV. Now that's quite a lot, but once I caught wind of FFT's development, I decided I wanted a much larger scale Laythe colonization effort (and in my other save). Will I ever use this? Probably not. If I do, It will use FFT fusion reactors and HC radiators. It will be a bus for the Joolian system, ferrying crew between bases (again, if I use it.) More likely, I will use an "Impulse" low grade fusion engine for that purpose, or the "Discovery".

n9naOQN.png

Here is my imaginatively named "Gravity Station Alpha" Obviously utilizing two contra-rotating gravity rings, this station can support long term scientific study in LKO. Because I was relatively new to KSP when I launched this, and more importantly, NFLV hadn't been updated, this is in a..... strange orbit. It is in a highly inclined, retrograde orbit. The KSC refuses to admit that it was a mistake and that it was for "better observation windows" whatever that means. I used an unholy amount of Clydesdale boosters to launch this, because it weighs like 80 tons and I was a noob with stock parts.

KHSejBg.png

My favorite picture of this one.

qgRoeT5.png

Obligatory, difficult to see, staring-into-the-sun shot. I should really get a Post Processing mod. Comet photobombing.

O0cATEp.png

Now, moving onto more random stuff; scattered around the Kerbol System.

GkD8RYD.png

The Hydra space telescope. Using the new Spacedust Telescope. Can scan every resource!

nIuU64Z.png

Duna probe. This one doesn't have a name so I didn't get attached. Comet in the background again. It has an ion engine, resource scanner, *yawn* science things, blah, blah, blah.....

u5xiNJq.png

We like Ike.

Y7TMHUw.png

My solar probe, which ended up close to Moho, so I adjusted course (using 4 km/s. it wasn't very close.) Anyway, this one has solar-ion propulsion, so near Moho it works very well. 

2zFdrsS.png

MY EYES!!!!

qVEyjHG.png

Hey llok, same comet.

M23WC21.png

Hideous station. Can you guess where?

nqyYSOZ.png

EVE!!! They like looking at Kerbin in the distance. I might come get them someday.

YJ4iIZV.png

Fun Fact! This was my first interplanetary mission ever! The engines are burning here just for LOLs, they're not doing much. 

xPQKt1I.png

Hey, there's our friend the comet! What should I name it?

wLD1iMF.png

The Joolio Probe(cringe) approaching the Joolian system. DOE is awesome!

f1TE3D6.png

Here's my tracking station! I have a lot of miscellaneous stuff going on. Much of it was launched when I was learning the game.

Seriously, what should I name the Comet?

(Speaking of comets, once I fix my issues I'll add a pic of my 300 year period comet mission which is latched on! Only possible with FFT)

Also thanks @Nertea for all the awesome mods which I use. (literally 90% of my mods).

Have any ideas?

Want to see my Science save?

Let me know! :D

Edited by Spaceman.Spiff

Thanks guys!

Once I unbork KSP i'll get some pics from my science save and the minmus station I built over break. 

I'm quite proud of it.

Maybe I'll also do a mission log of launching the next component of my torchship. (After I install KJR, that thing is Kraken-bait!)

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.