[1.10+]Partly Colored Suits v.1.0.3 and PCS-TR 1.0.0 (March 15)

OrdinaryKerman

4 minutes ago, Tyrope said:

Any chance to get this added to CKAN? :)

I've submitted a request on Spacedock to add it to CKAN. I don't personally use CKAN, and so have no way of testing if it works. Please tell me if it does get added.

Edited by OrdinaryKerman

58 minutes ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

I've submitted a request on Spacedock to add it to CKAN. I don't personally use CKAN, and so have no way of testing if it works. Please tell me if it does get added.

Done! Should be installed to GameData just like if you'd done it manually.

Preemptive reminder for the CKAN users here: If you encounter a problem with this mod caused by CKAN, don't bother the mod author, let the CKAN team know on our thread (or Discord or GitHub).

Just now, Caerfinon said:

It is listed in CKAN now.

good, even though I'll never see it there.

Just now, DasSkelett said:

Done! Should be installed to GameData just like if you'd done it manually.

Preemptive reminder for the CKAN users here: If you encounter a problem with this mod caused by CKAN, don't bother the mod author, let the CKAN team know on our thread (or Discord or GitHub).

Thanks!

4 hours ago, MrZurkon said:

Any plans for a Breaking Ground or Making History pack? You've made some very nice suits.

I don't have BG or MH, so unless I can somehow get the meshes for those (which violates the EULA), then no. I am planning on making a semi-futuristic retexture of the default suit though.

Edited by OrdinaryKerman

On 2/24/2021 at 5:11 AM, Misguided Kerbal said:

This is really cool! I think you should make the suit based off by the above design. (If you drew that, wow!). Would there be any interest for making a texture replacer version for those of us still on previous versions?

From what I've seen, it seems like a rather trivial task of moving each suit variant into its own folder in TextureReplacer/Suits. It does mean that the shared normal map for the suits will need to be duplicated, adding ~27MB more to the mod size, not counting the ~13MB of duplicate normals and emissives for the jetpack/ESSB. The way TR categorizes suits by folder instead of config is tidier in some ways, but prevents texture sharing between variants.

Edited by OrdinaryKerman

2 minutes ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

From what I've seen, it seems like a rather trivial task of moving each suit variant into its own folder in TextureReplacer/Suits. It does mean that the shared normal map for the suits will need to be duplicated, adding ~27MB more to the mod size, not counting the ~13MB of duplicate normals and emissives for the jetpack/ESSB.

That doesn't seem like much of a problem. You could put separate downloads instead, reducing the file size, instead of a single download.

Or maybe I can make an empty folder structure in Extras, with instructions on how to put the respective suits in the correct location.

Just now, Misguided Kerbal said:

That doesn't seem like much of a problem. You could put separate downloads instead, reducing the file size, instead of a single download.

The total size in Gamedata/TextureReplacer would still be the same, and there normal and emissive maps will still need to be duplicated. I wasn't talking about download size, not too worried about that, but rather size in Gamedata (for people who keep trying to force their sub-16GB ram computers to run as many mods as possible, like me for example)

7 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

This reminds me....

Can we get a green suit? :)

I just thought of that...

When overall (i.e. non-color-specific) texturing for PCS 2.0 is finished, I will include a green suit.

Edited by OrdinaryKerman

I would go with Methane Green

Because I guess it matches the green on the CryoEngines methalox

A lime green would be better tbh

scratch that, minmus green would be best :wink:

Edited by Spaceman.Spiff
minmus greeeeeen

COLOR WANTED - MINMUS GREEN

Will trade screenshots for fresh colours

Parallax has been updated, and TUFX can be installed, if necessary!

Spoiler

I have not seen that before. I assume you have been using this for your suit colors?

I personally like the Weather Experiment Green, but MG would look nice as well. 

You have done some great work with this mod, it's you choice :D

3 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

I would go with Methane Green

Because I guess it matches the green on the CryoEngines methalox

A lime green would be better tbh

scratch that, minmus green would be best :wink:

minmus green? Minmus isn't exactly green, is it? Or are my eyes biased towards blue?

6 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

I have not seen that before. I assume you have been using this for your suit colors?

I personally like the Weather Experiment Green, but MG would look nice as well. 

You have done some great work with this mod, it's you choice :D

I have used it for basically everything texturing-related, since my first one (Retexture of the 0.7.3-0.13.3 Mk1 pod)

PCS Red is Lithium Red, blue is Science Blue, grays are the Porkjet colors, yellow was either Jeb's or Nuclear Yellow (can't remember, probably Jeb's) Orange is Rockomax Orange (obviously). or at least they were supposed to be approximate. I'll try going for a more exact color match this time.

Now where's my drawing tablet stylus gone? Found it behind a curtain

Edited by OrdinaryKerman

7 minutes ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

I have used it for basically everything texturing-related, since my first one (Retexture of the 0.7.3-0.13.3 Mk1 pod)

PCS Red is Lithium Red, blue is Science Blue, grays are the Porkjet colors, yellow was either Jeb's or Nuclear Yellow (can't remember, probably Jeb's) Orange is Rockomax Orange (obviously). or at least they were supposed to be approximate. I'll try going for an exact color match this time.

They are good colors. 

I like a lot of the blues in that color palette. 

I think you picked a good one though.

Spoiler

You could make a separate mod called "Bluely Colored Suits" lol :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.