Poor bob

Wizard Kerbal

Bob launched on top a Venturer 1 rocket, bringing the newest technology we had available. He flew to Eve’s moon, gilly to further our understanding of our solar system. Due to poor calculations, his craft is 50 m/s short of returning to kerbin. He has been in space for 161 days, and his mission was expected to end in 250. Command keeps running “simulations” to try to find an escape root. They thought he could push his ship the extra mile with his RCS, but that ended flinging him further away. Transmitting his data, he paved the way for Gemini 2, which was only supposed to get into orbit, but do to an improved launch vehicle now should have the deltaV to go to eve and back, no transfer window needed!

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Vagrant203 said:

1. What about the science data?

2. If you can hit the target that far out, it wouldn't take much more to make it a rescue rather than an execution.

3. Lol whatevs

1: the science you receive is “what happens when bob goes BOOM”

2:just blow up the planet if you think you can’t hit him

3: Science!! And boom

(4: why have a spare missile when you can blow it up instead, or you could launch it at the mountain semi close by)

and finally. What kind of KSP player is concentrating on saving kerbals instead of sending them to the core of the sun

(is the “sun” in KSP named anything? Or is it just the sun?)

(no offense, but I love making ships blow up, I normally make probes for this tho)

K. Never been to Eeloo, but I've taken plenty of readings in The Sun's SoI and they always say "The Sun."

Are you sure that's not Community Science or whatever the mod is that lets fans submit science reports?

EDIT: Slightly misremembered this entry in the wiki, my bad.

https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Kerbol

Edited by Vagrant203

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.