[1.10x-1.11x] KerBalloons

cmet24

KerBalloons

!!! Please see this page for an up to date and improved version of this mod!!!

Description

Designed to gather scientific data in a more controlled fashion than a sounding rocket, KerBalloons are compact, light and can easily be packed with a probe and sent to any planet with an atmosphere. When coupled with Kerbal Weather Project, KerBalloons can emulate real-world weather balloons by collecting in-situ atmospheric data on Kerbin.

Version Compatibility

KerBalloons was updated and recompiled for KSP 1.11x. This release of KerBalloons has been tested in KSP 1.10x and KSP 1.11.

Download and Installation

KerBalloons is now available on CKAN. To install KerBalloons manually, or view the source code, check out the mod on GitHub or SpaceDock

Acknowledgements

Forked from an original work by @JoePatrick1 and an update by @Fengist

License: MIT

Uncrewed KerBalloon, with attached sensor package, drifting southeasterly with the wind as it rises above the launchpad.

32d23e_b54b44bb0dc440b191f04574d923f0b2~

Crewed KerBalloon scraping the mountain tops southeast of the Woomerang Launch Site.

Bob Kerman, center, collects in-situ measurements of pressure and temperature as the KerBalloons rises and drifts westward with the jet stream.

32d23e_3da38d127d8641f69269e1da200c17b0~

Edited by cmet24

Hi, please contact me.  I announced my adoption of this mod back in early December, your release caught me off guard.

I don't mind if we continue to maintain different versions, especially if you are intending to improve this. 

It would have been nice to have been given a heads-up.

My version removes 47 models from the mod (all the balloons) and has only a single part, which can be configured for any of the balloon types. This reduces the part count in the editor, and IMHO is more flexible;  when I first tested this, the 48 balloon parts was confusing and took time to find the right one

14 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Kerballoon/KSP Weather: Contract Configurator Contract Pack, when?? :D

When I fix my computer, update the 15 other mods I've been putting off, my daughters school stop closing because of my countries incompetent government... so probably about 2035?

@severedsolo sorry, didnt mean it to sound like an expectation... just moar of an FYI.  Was mostly just wanting to suggest it for other people to look at too... I see i left out a critical word in my post :P
I mean, you arent, nor should you be, the only person doing Contract Packs vOv :P

Edited by Stone Blue

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.