[1.8.x, 1.9.x, 1.10.x, 1.11.x, 1.12.x] AirPark Continued

linuxgurugamer

Written by @Smelly, maintained for a while by @dunclaw, then by  @gomker, original thread is here:  https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/162504-145-airpark-continued/

AirPark - Continued

Freeze your vessels during flight. Useful for parking large vessels such as airships boats, submarines etc... Vessel will be set to a "landed" state and previous state will be recorded.

Thanks to the original Author : @Smelly and previous maintainer : @dunclaw

• Use the supplied part to Park the vessel by right click menu 
  • When a vessel is un-parked its previous velocity and speed will be restored
  • Auto Un-Park - if set to on will un-park any vessel once within physics range
  • Current Work In progress issues
    • The toolbar functions are known to be buggy at the moment
    • I am working to move this to a Vessel module to allow for more consistent behavior

Availability

Available via CKAN

Dependencies

Changelog

• Added AssemblyVersion.tt
  • Added InstallChecker
  • Converted from stock toolbar to ToolbarController
  • Added support for ClickThroughBlocker
  • Made window draggable
  • Enabled toolbar button to change color when autopark is enabled
  • Fixed bug where when leaving scene (to spacecenter) and returning, would be at 0 altitude (confirmed in 1.4.5)
  • Added new dependencies
    • ToolbarController
    • ClickthroughBlocker

• Removed static instance reference to part, necessary to allow multiple craft to have the module loaded
  • Really fixed bug where leaving game and returning would be at 0 altitude
  • Fixed autopark on/off
  • Moved autopark setting into stock settings page
  • Deleted old commented code
  • Added new dependency:  SpaceTuxLibrary

• Fixed agent title
  • Resized buttons for both toolbars

• Restored missing icons (toolbar)

• Added AssemblyFileVersion
  • Updated version file for KSP 1.12

• Added MM script to add AirPark module to all parts with ModuleCommand

1.7.1.6 (supported on 1.12.2)

• Fixed name of settings page
  • Added option to allow parking while suborbital

Note that while 1.7.1.6 is only "officially" supported for 1.12.2, I have tested it back to 1.8.1 and it works there as well. 

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Just now, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Wait so can I just freeze a plane mid air?

yes, so you can do things like having a big airship with a landing strip on it.  Because the game will normally remove vessels that are in flight that are below a certain altitude if they get unloaded because you either got too far away or went to the tracking station, etc...  I've missed having this mod. 

Just now, eberkain said:

yes, so you can do things like having a big airship with a landing strip on it.  Because the game will normally remove vessels that are in flight that are below a certain altitude if they get unloaded because you either got too far away or went to the tracking station, etc...  I've missed having this mod. 

:0.0:

11 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:
  • License: GPLv4

Uh... GPLv4? :) 

Spoiler

The GPLv4 is equal to the GPLv3 with the following additions:

• All software licensed under the GPLv4 must be free as in free beer as well as being free as in free speech.
  • The GPLv3 already stated that the source code cannot be obfuscated, by extension, it is impossible to license your software GPLv4 if you have an ugly code.
  • GPLv4 licensed software can only have dependencies which are Free Software.
  • GPLv4 licensed sofware must have your-freedom as dependency.
  • After installing or using GPLv4 licensed software you are banned for life from making non-free software.
  • After installing or using GPLv4 licensed software, all software you have previously made or contributed to will be licensed GPLv4.
  • If making or altering GPLv4 licensed software you are banned for life from using any other license other then the GPLv4.
  • After installing or using GPLv4 licensed software, you will refer to your operating system as GNU/Linux-libre, GNU+Linux-libre, GNU/Hurd, GNU+Hurd or simply GNU.
  • After using or installing GPLv4 licensed software you will refer to the man formerly known as Richard Stallman as Saint Ignusius.

New beta release, 1.7.1.1

• Removed static instance reference to part, necessary to allow multiple craft to have the module loaded
  • Really fixed bug where leaving game and returning would be at 0 altitude
  • Fixed autopark on/off
  • Moved autopark setting into stock settings page
  • Deleted old commented code
  • Added new dependency:  SpaceTuxLibraries

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi. First off thank you so much for keeping this mod up to date it means a ton to me. I do have an issue or question though. For whatever reason I can use the air park on airships but for any other vessels it doesn't give me the option. Notably I'd like to be able to use it on my boats but right clicking the part it doesn't show the park option and the toolbar doesn't provide it either. Is this a bug or by design?

5 hours ago, AstralTwilight said:

Hi. First off thank you so much for keeping this mod up to date it means a ton to me. I do have an issue or question though. For whatever reason I can use the air park on airships but for any other vessels it doesn't give me the option. Notably I'd like to be able to use it on my boats but right clicking the part it doesn't show the park option and the toolbar doesn't provide it either. Is this a bug or by design?

Probably because it's landed or spashed.  It's called "Airpark" for a reason

On 1/5/2021 at 8:41 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Freeze your vessels during flight. Useful for parking large vessels such as airships boats, submarines etc...

If the mod no longer supports watercraft, this sentence should probably be changed :P 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, and first of all thx for adopting this mod as well as all the work you've done for modded KSP, linuxgurugamer!

While using the Airpark mod, I noticed that freezing a craft is not possible on the moon, as it's status is marked to be "orbit or suborbit". Now is there a specific (functional) reason why it should not be possible to freeze  a craft in orbit? Or is there any possibility to enable this?

I tried commenting out the line that checks if vessel.situation is orbiting in AirParkPartModule.cs, but I haven't yet managed to recompile successfully(because I don't know how the project is built).

Have a nice day

3 hours ago, Remarkerbal said:

Hi, and first of all thx for adopting this mod as well as all the work you've done for modded KSP, linuxgurugamer!

While using the Airpark mod, I noticed that freezing a craft is not possible on the moon, as it's status is marked to be "orbit or suborbit". Now is there a specific (functional) reason why it should not be possible to freeze  a craft in orbit? Or is there any possibility to enable this?

I tried commenting out the line that checks if vessel.situation is orbiting in AirParkPartModule.cs, but I haven't yet managed to recompile successfully(because I don't know how the project is built).

Have a nice day

Ummm, Airpart is exactly that AIRpark.  It is intended to allow planes to be parked, as, for example, if you need to control another, etc.

I'll try to add an option (off by default) to allow parking in suborbital, if I can, will be out in a day or so

5 hours ago, Remarkerbal said:

Well, after testing, I can say it does not seem to work. I don't get the message on the top of the screen, but the craft keeps moving when I press park. I could also just recompile the code locally with some help.

Well, sorry then.  I only adopted this starting with 1.10.1, can't really help for something I didn't provide.  I fixed a number of bugs, there might be something in 1.8.1 which is missing

You _did_ install the dependencies, right?

Yes they are installed. I am using ckan. Well, in the end, I am just looking for a safe way to deploy bases near the ground(i.e. launchpads and others). The idea was to airpark a launchpad a few meters above the ground. Any other solution might be good too.

Edited by Remarkerbal

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.