KSP bugfix update

For the next ksp update, it is my personal opinion that squad shouldn't add anything new,  just fix bugs. Any ksp player knows that bugs are a huge issue overall in the game, as to be expected in a game as big as ksp, but one of the things that are accelerating the creation of the bugs are the devs constantly adding so many new parts and features.  When ksp2 was announced to come out in march 2020 I adopted the mindset of just waiting it out and hoping ksp2 would fix these bugs, but now that it has unfortunately been delayed to 2022 these bugs have to be addressed in future updates. This again is just a personal opinion and I am very open to being debunked. 

46 minutes ago, ultrapheonix said:

When ksp2 was announced to come out in march 2020 I adopted the mindset of just waiting it out and hoping ksp2 would fix these bugs, but now that it has unfortunately been delayed to 2022 these bugs have to be addressed in future updates.

And how these two things are related? KSP1 bugs have nothing to do with KSP2 development.

Also, there's quite a long list of bugfixes dropped with every major update, plus at least one minor update appears that fixes some of the bugs that appeared with new release. Which is kinda what you and many others are asking for. Every x.x.1 update is essentially a bugfix update. No content means the "yay bugfixes" community reaction, which happens every time, just look at the forums, but also means "meh, no new stuff, what are you doing out there" reactions.

Keep in mind that they are still in the process of revamping art in the whole game, and I personally think that this should also be a priority, even if that means no new-new stuff introduced. I can't stand looking at Swivel now, when there's Mastodon right below it.

@ultrapheonix An update entirely focused on bug fixes would certainly be nice. They could throw in some texture revamps as well, because those don't usually introduce bugs. 

But KSP 2 isn't going to fix any of KSP's bugs. It's not just a huge update to the original game, they're starting from scratch with a new one. We just have to hope that the delays pay off and the game isn't buggy.

32 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

An update entirely focused on bug fixes would certainly be nice.

This is all I'm asking for. Asking since, if I remember correctly, 1.4.x. But no, new features over bug fixing, always, always.

Just: why, Squad, WHY?

Every version, new features. Fixing a few bugs, yes, but at the same time, introducing more and severe bugs for things that have been working fine since. 

I'm not amused, to say it very politely. 

What can I do to make Squad's QA work? I can only offer a little money (if you'd truly focus on fixing bugs, instead of ignoring old bugs and introducing more new ones, 4 digits at my best)? 

Sorry, I have to work for my money. can't offer more.

Ah, just ignore this, doesn't matter anyways if I as your customer am happy or not.

Edited by VoidSquid

For me honestly there has been a big bug into KSP since the version 1.8.0 added the updated Unity 2019 which consists on KSP having a bugged Unity version which makes the game crash for me, a workaround is installing as much visual mods as possible which also leaves the FPS at a VERY LOW rate, so I guess an update on KSP's Unity engine will fix my bug, but so far nothing :(

Speaking of a bug fixes...  they still didn't fix UNDO in the editor. It's such a basic function. And it's worse in 1.11 because it removes inventory items before the last visual change. Please go vote up the bug report It's 4 years old!

They also failed to have a smooth save game transition from 1.10.1 to 1.11. I had to edit my save file.

I may never see the new planet textures ... I'm looking at text. Editing my save game, bug reports, forum rants...

(edit) Browsing the bug reports... there are so many new bugs in 1.11 there will almost certainly be a 1.11.1 bug fix release.

Edited by Krazy1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.