Didnt bill get glasses in 1.10?

Souptime

50 minutes ago, Souptime said:

Yeah here's a promo of it, gonna try to find the tweet saying bill with get glasses

Just looked at that pic closer, they have name tags and bill is upside down without glasses.

Bob is doing a squat dance and has glasses.

T9UgaN1-V2lG03hetpb95BcAdkMCSLSTM_SRBz55

Of course. Scientist are nerds and need glasses. I guess.

ME

Edited by Martian Emigrant

2 hours ago, Snark said:

Sorry to be that guy, but... given that kerbals have neither noses nor visible ears, how the heck do the glasses stay on:huh:

Seems like an elastic strap or something would be in order.

I know that one.

How do contact lenses stay on your face? A liquid film.

They have googly  eyes and the glasses just sticks to them.

ME

3 hours ago, Snark said:

Sorry to be that guy, but... given that kerbals have neither noses nor visible ears, how the heck do the glasses stay on:huh:

Staples.  Or superglue if they're allergic to iron.

1 hour ago, Souptime said:

Ok so it was bob, still i remember seeing something about bob getting glasses in 1.10

Well, there are four Kerbals in the picture. Three have name tags, so we assume the fourth one is Bob. But maybe it’s Dilbart? Or Snarkbot? Or Fribos?

On 1/7/2021 at 8:00 AM, Snark said:

We will never know how they stay on, it is a mystery.

As in KSP-2 trailer one of Kerbals sitting in a spaceplane cabin was wearing glasses, too, now we can see than he had hurted his eyes by playing KSP-1 too much.

Spoiler

The SpaceX astronaut (can't recall his name) has run a trend.

Edited by kerbiloid

On 1/7/2021 at 8:00 AM, Snark said:

Given the general shape of their eyeballs, and how they're held in the skull, I would have to imagine they have high inter-occular pressures in order to keep that shape.   Especially with all the pressure changes we throw them through.    I would imagine that the slightest disturbance to ambient pressures would cause deformities in the eyeball itself, so a passing thunderstorm would cause them to go blind, or at least really fuzzy, until their body could compensate.   Then the fair weather returns, and their eyes are all out of whack again.    So I would imagine that any type of glasses that a kerbal would wear would look like night vision goggles, strapped to their heads, with adjustable lenses so they could tweak the focus as the weather changes, or they go up a few flights of stairs.

But.... that might explain how they have those eyes, since they couldn't exist like that if Kerbin had weather.   

I'm puzzled why do they wear these glasses at all, when they are seeing with their forehead, and their vision is monocular.

(The Kerbal view "camera" is placed at their forehead, above the eyes.
So, they can see through the plane cabin windows sitting beneath, and you can see only their foreheads from ourside).

So, if the Kerbals actually needed correction lenses, they would wear it this way:
dcndtdi-c562e080-0211-4578-a35e-bd0bd1eb

Upd.
Btw. Look at the head shape. Wasn't Lorien a Kerbal? Aren't Kerbals the first race in the Universe, teachers of Vorlons and Shadows?

Edited by kerbiloid

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.