[1.12.x] Vessel Notes & Logs - Full Release

linuxgurugamer

On 10/25/2021 at 7:11 AM, Grimmas said:

You may want to mention in the first post that a part needs to be added to the vessel, it wasn't immediately obvious to me.

I guess this is because the GameData\VesselNotes\MM_Patch.cfg looks like this:

//@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]
//{
//	MODULE
//	{
//		name = VesselNotes
//	}
//} 

3 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

I guess this is because the GameData\VesselNotes\MM_Patch.cfg looks like this:

//@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]
//{
//	MODULE
//	{
//		name = VesselNotes
//	}
//} 

On purpose.  If it gets added to all the parts with ModuleCommand, extra overhead is created, also keeping track of notes got very difficult when dealing with vessels with multiple command pods

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Downloaded (also the dependencies) but something's not right and I hope to find an answer here. When I installed everything, another mod, RemoteTech, stopped working. That is, I no longer had access to the RT control panel.

Edited by LN400

11 minutes ago, LN400 said:

Sorry about the late reply. Real life and all :) Reinstalled all and got the player log

https://filetransfer.io/data-package/yUDtgmH9#link

From the log file:

FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'ToolbarControl, Version=0.1.9.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

You don't have the ToolbarController installed, which is a required dependency.  The folder is there, but no DLL

How did you install it?  I'm wondering if you downloaded the source code and not the release file

Strange. The mod folder was inside the game data folder and named 000_ClickThroughBlocker. I copied this into the game's GameData.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I delete all mod manager created files each time I install or delete a mod.

Edited by LN400

4 minutes ago, LN400 said:

Strange. The mod folder was inside the game data folder and named 000_ClickThroughBlocker. I copied this into the game's GameData.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I delete all mod manager created files each time I install or delete a mod.

Then you installed it incorrectly.  You downloaded the source code, not the release.  I don't put DLLs into the source code

Download the release zip, NOT the source code.  You can get it from either of these two sites:

https://spacedock.info/mod/2871/Vessel Notes %26 Logs/download

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/VesselNotes/releases/download/0.0.2.2/VesselNotes-1.12.0-0.0.2.2.zip

I might have to do just that. So, now I get it all almost working except, the data logger unit in the science section can't be fitted. It's also the only item that can't be left floating in the VAB while building. I can select it and move the ghost image around but I can only put it back in the parts pool. This old brain feels half fried by now :D

EDIT: Success. It might have been a faulty download. Downloaded again and now it attaches as it should.

Edited by LN400

Just to wrap this up: Works like a charm it seems now. Just a little wish if you don't mind this fellow rambling: Either have the log functions available in the tool bar or through the command/function keys. Sorry if this has been covered and I'm just being dense again.

1 hour ago, LN400 said:

Just to wrap this up: Works like a charm it seems now. Just a little wish if you don't mind this fellow rambling: Either have the log functions available in the tool bar or through the command/function keys. Sorry if this has been covered and I'm just being dense again.

You do realize that you need to add a part to get the functionality?  The part is the DataLog Info Drive, you can easily find it by typing "notes" into the search field

I'd rather not add yet another toolbar button at this time

Edited by linuxgurugamer

5 hours ago, LN400 said:

Oh I did get that bit about the data logger :) I was just wondering about a quick way to access the logs if I say, have the logger tucked away in a cargo bay :D

Sorry, no.  You have to access the logger.  Toolbar button for this won't work, what if you have multiple loggers on a single vessel?  For example, I launch multiple probes with a single rocket, and sometimes put a logger on each probe.  Other cases could be, rover as cargo in a vessel, etc.

I will be releasing an update in a few days, which does add a toolbar in the SpaceCenter, used to see general game notes

• 2 weeks later...

New release, 0.0.2.4 (included unreleased 0.0.2.3)

• Added toolbar button, only available at space center
    • Added GameNotes for SpaceCenter
    • Allows entry of new gamenotes
    • Made font settings global instead of per-part
    • Make skin global 
    • Added font settings to Stock Settings window
    • Refactored a bit, broke classes out into individual files
    • Added a few more events to be autologged, default is false
    • Added second column in stock settings to control which events get logged
    • Fixed bug where vessel log was not being saved to save file
    • Updated current crew report in log to show unmanned if no crew
    • Changed name for vessel log files from a date/timestamp to a compressed guid (need to use guid for uniquness)
    • Added check for VesselNotesLogs module on the vessel at launch, if not there, prompts the user 
    • added code to sanitize the filename which is based on the vessel name
    • Fixed memory leak
    • Fixed date calculations to work with non-standard days and years (usually changed via Kopernics)
    • Added window to display all logs, and display selected log
    • Moved the Font Size buttons to upper left, and the S (for Skin) and X (for exit) to upper right

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.