Will there be a Kerbal Space Program 2 dev diary on planets???

Dr. Kerbal

I’m just curious to know if there will be a dev diary for the planets in KSP2. I’m just curious on how many new planets there are. And what they look like. I also want to see the original KSP planets like Eve or Minmus. You know. I’m just curious I after seeing pre alpha gameplay I mean, I just can’t imagine how wonderful the planets would look. I mean Jool looks like it like in real life!

The devs have already highlighted several new planets here and there. They also said they don't want to spoil the game by reveling the total number of planets planned for the game.

With that out of the way, I would love to see the process they are using to create and detail a planet or moon, and the thought processes behind it.

Just now, shdwlrd said:

The devs have already highlighted several new planets here and there. They also said they don't want to spoil the game by reveling the total number of planets planned for the game.

With that out of the way, I would love to see the process they are using to create and detail a planet or moon, and the thought processes behind it.

To be honest. All I need to see is the Kerbal sysytem. Like my mind is struggling to imaging what like Eve would look like, or golly. Or Bop. Or even a asteroid! I’m just so impressed.

10 minutes ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

To be honest. All I need to see is the Kerbal sysytem. Like my mind is struggling to imaging what like Eve would look like, or golly. Or Bop. Or even a asteroid! I’m just so impressed.

In regards to Kerbin and much like the rest of the Kerbol system, it's just going to be an asset update pass. If you look closely at Kerbin whenever its on the screen, it's the same but different. The same is true about Duna.

4 hours ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the terrain reaches at least a similar quality to Parallax.

With the test screens they posted a few weeks ago, I can't see why it couldn't.

With Minmus looking like that

uGkacEr.png

nnhIDCc.png

yo the post editor is buggy excrement, thank you

and Kerbin (probably?) like that

https://kerbal-forum-uploads.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/monthly_2020_11/7048784_image(1)(1).png.726d8423336ccef4f1f998020c821506.png[/img]

I'm not worried at all.

All they need is some proper shaders and normal maps (and actual high quality geometry for the terrain) and I'm sold.

Spoiler

Edited by The Aziz