Heliocentric

image.png

Technology has brought the kerbals far, but has not brought them a new home. Instead, it has destroyed their home, and forced all kerbals to move onto a singular habitation ring. After thoroughly looking through old data, they reluctantly chose Dominion, a dead planet in a dead star system, to be their new settlement. Upon landing it was immediately noted that the atmospheric oxygen levels were perfect for Kerbal life. Dominion reached a population higher than Kerbin's and every previous colony combined. It was a golden age for kerbals, but all good things must come to an end, and unfortunately death is a repeating trend in this strange system.

It was about time i returned to this project after 2 years.

What is Trilogy?

Spoiler

Trilogy was the first mod I ever created back in 2021, and now after 2 years, its time I return to this project and finish.

The Trilogy:

explorationblack.png

EXPLORATION - Difficulty: Medium (Interstellar Travel with help from Wormholes)

empireblack.png

EMPIRE - Difficulty: Easy (Low gravity home world, beginner friendly system)

extinctionblack.png

EXTINCTION - Difficulty: Hard (High gravity home world, no moons around home planet)

System Map

Spoiler

image.png

Images (As of 7/3/23):

Spoiler

image.png

image.png

Discord for development updates: https://discord.gg/xmvgYFSGSD

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC 4.0)

Edited by Heliocentric
THE RETURN

1 minute ago, Clonos said:

hmmm, looks pretty good! although raquel needs some different colors, using the heightmap as colormap isn't a good idea

It actually isnt the heightmap, the coloring was made using HCM and is set to slightly lighter versions of the heightmap coloring

Just now, Heliocentric said:

It actually isnt the heightmap, the coloring was made using HCM and is set to slightly lighter versions of the heightmap coloring

ah, it still needs a change. a planet with no color whatsoever isn't very pretty

1 minute ago, RJVB09 said:

All the coloring definitely needs some work. I like the overall vibe tho

Yeah changing some of the coloring was already on my list but I decided to make this thread anyways lol

Its mainly Mare and Tange that need work, Mare is just kinda flat rn and Tange has broken coloring, but yeah ill change up Raquel a bit 

Looks like a cool mod so far, but I have a few suggestions:

Raquel - It has what I call "Painted Mountain Syndrome." That occurs when you use the heal/clone tool straight from another image and fail to blend it properly, making the planet's features look unnatural to the viewer.
Tange - It needs more contrast, and the lava ocean is an unrealistic color.
Retrosum - If you can use it, I would highly recommend Gasoeus Giganticus. It procedurally generates gas giant textures, and pretty good ones too. I know some people can't use it due to having a different OS, but if you can, I would highly recommend it. Tutorial for installing it on windows here: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/165285-planetary-texturing-guide-repository/

23 hours ago, DunaManiac said:

Retrosum - If you can use it, I would highly recommend Gasoeus Giganticus. highly recommend it.

Going to start tryna figure it out today!

Raquel - It has what I call "Painted Mountain Syndrome."

I dont really know what you mean by this? I used earth heightmap data and faded off the sides of each snippet I used of it

Tange - It needs more contrast, and the lava ocean is an unrealistic color.

Tange has a broken HCM atm so its not final, also I will work on the lava

1 hour ago, Heliocentric said:

I dont really know what you mean by this? I used earth heightmap data and faded off the sides of each snippet I used of it

You just need to heal it in a bit better. Another thing that would help a lot would be to have a proper colormap. It would benefit a lot from that. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.