Heliocentric

6 minutes ago, Heliocentric said:

Ive already stated this through discord, but I will either be taking a break from modding altogether, or stop working on every project but KIP-2995, do not be surprised if I go silent for a long period of time.

This is mostly caused by burnout and realizing I cant do anything with modding without it being low quality garbage, and I don't have the time nor the patience to be able to make the planets higher quality. When I come back, I will hopefully be able to start hand drawing heightmaps so that I wont rely too much on other people for making my mod, and to prevent me from having to spend $70 dollars on Grand Designer to keep going after I inevitably lose contact with Smushanoob. I really don't know where I'm going with this so I'm just going to stop

This sign out has a 50/50 chance of saying "Farewell",

Heliocentric

Aw its gonna be sad to see you go if you do :(

Good luck with any sort of other ventures you might have

-Souptime

9 minutes ago, Heliocentric said:

Ive already stated this through discord, but I will either be taking a break from modding altogether, or stop working on every project but KIP-2995, do not be surprised if I go silent for a long period of time.

This is mostly caused by burnout and realizing I cant do anything with modding without it being low quality garbage, and I don't have the time nor the patience to be able to make the planets higher quality. When I come back, I will hopefully be able to start hand drawing heightmaps so that I wont rely too much on other people for making my mod, and to prevent me from having to spend $70 dollars on Grand Designer to keep going after I inevitably lose contact with Smushanoob. I really don't know where I'm going with this so I'm just going to stop

Heliocentric

thats pretty sussy :wub:
but in all seriousness, hope you figure things out irl and get back up to your best work.

Edited by BobTheKerbal

18 hours ago, Heliocentric said:

Heliocentric

Ive made up my mind, therefore I will be leaving the Double Double Revamped dev team and putting all other projects but KIP-2995 to a pause. Im going to be working on recoloring each planet to be less reliant on GD over the next couple days, so be on the look out for that along with the first version of Dominion.

On 4/1/2021 at 6:44 PM, Heliocentric said:

unknown-546.png

Updated system map

Wait, is Capsuul a gas giant moon? Very unique for a moon in KSP

Edited by ffx

Announcement for the future of the mod 
KIP-2995 will be renamed to Trilogy on release. The name stems from the 3 major installments it will have which tell the story of the KIP-2995 system. These installments include:

explorationblack.png

The kerbals had just discovered KIP-2995, and after sending multiple probes, known as the Explorers, they discovered that there was absolutely no life despite the near perfect habitability of the system, which can only be explained by KIP-2995b flaring up.

Difficulty: Medium (Interstellar travel)

empireblack.png

Kerbin has completely died. The CO2 emissions created by factories turned it into  a complete wasteland. The kerbals reluctantly moved to Dominion, expecting to not survive. As soon as they landed, they discovered the conditions were perfect to sustain Kerbal life. They built up their new home, terraformed Dominion, and eventually reached a population higher than Kerbin and their previous colonies combined. Its a golden age for kerbals.

Difficulty: Easy (Lower gravity planet, semi easy system)

extinctionblack.png

KIP-2995b has flared up once more. Only 10,000 kerbals remain on Dominion. In search of a new home, they leave in search of a home in the outer KIP-2995 system. Lucky for them, Dominion wasnt the only planet in the habitable zone. They melted the ice on the surface, thickened the atmosphere, and had a new home to rebuild kerbalkind.

Difficulty: Hard (Higher gravity planet, no moons around the home planet)

I may be making a new development thread to rebrand, so be on the lookout!

Edited by Heliocentric

14 minutes ago, Heliocentric said:

Exploration isnt a system replacer

Oh i mean for the other ones, i wouldnt release it for anyone else as i dont get mods that replace the system. if i do my new personal headcanon would just be aliens n stuff

5 hours ago, Heliocentric said:

Yep! I thought it would be interesting to include one in this pack, though I might make it a Gateway type gas giant with a liquid surface 

Does it have a moonmoon (moon of a moon)

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.