what's your favourite mod?

TimKerbin

Mine is a simple mod called Audio Muffler Redux. I found it by accident on CKAN for 1.9 and I'm so happy it still works in 1.11. All it does is muffle engine noise the higher you go, until it cuts it out completely in a vacuum. You can also configure it to only play sounds in IVA (works with Chatterer). It was created by Nova Silisco no less, and just adds that touch of extra realism. Especially when used with RealPlume.

What's yours? I bet there's too many to mention! :lol:

For me, it's Kerbal Engineer Redux, with [X] Science continued a very close second.  KER just offers a much better set of data IMO, and has the ability to put it all on the screen without having to click to get to different pieces.  I play a lot of in Career and Science mode, so [X] Science comes in real handy when trying to gather science points quickly, rather than having to click every individual experiment to get the points.

Now that I finally bought a much beefier laptop, I'll probably get around to trying some of the Realism Overhaul type of mods at some point this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Too many to pick just one, but for me MechJeb is a must-have (TCA would work instead, though it was a little twitchy for me last time I tried it), both for the information and for the auto-pilot functions. Because yeah, flying a launch into LKO by hand is fun the first dozen times; the 90th time, not so much.

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.