Surface And Underground Features

Will KSP 2 have big surface features? The ones in breaking ground are alright, but they're pretty small. With big surface features such as Mars' Olympus Mons or Io's cryovolcanoes, bigger and more interesting bases can be created, and procedurally generated caves and underground features can provide an interesting new way to get science, and a better reason to have rovers. New science parts can observe the volcano plume or scan the surface for caves and ravines.

Too early to say at the moment. Most of what the devs have shown off would be considered ground scatter or regular terrain. As of right now, there isn't going to be caves or natural overhangs. That may change in the future if the devs move away from how planets were made in KSP1.

I still believe that certain additions to dev posts hinted a sort of underground exploration, namely mining.

We already know that a lot of features are hand sculpted (there's few seconds of footage about KSC area being modeled) and we don't know if planet generation has changed. I would assume it did, I'm tired of terrain seams and holes near the poles. 

To clarify, mohole - yes. Void on Minmus (if it's still there, haven't been there in a while) - nope.

There is a large shadow thingy in pufs ocean (one of the exoplanets in ksp2) in the show and tell video, and nate commented on my thread that its not a rendering bug or shadow, but its a feature in the game. So i think there is gonna be some pretty interesting features in the surface, underwater, underground and the athmosphere on the other planets.

Edited by Kosmix1