What music do you listen to while playing KSP?

Scenter102

11 hours ago, el_coyoto said:

I'm totally stuck on Carpenter Brut : I listen to him whenever I play Cities Skylines or KSP. The guy is known for his participation the Hotline Miami OSTs.

Yesssss. Carpenter Brut is so loveing good. Weirdly despite having played Hotline Miami I found him through a Node or Corridor Digital video if I recall correctly.

Generally I'll listen to some kind of electronic music, and depending on my mood it will either be upbeat w/ a driving beat like Carpenter Brut's stuff, or chilled out ambient/trance stuff like Solar Fields, some of C418's stuff and some Approaching Nirvana. Sometimes I'll listen to orchestral game soundtracks like Skyrim, Journey and a few other games.

In the long dark between the worlds, I love to listen to Paradis, by Keith Kouna.

Space is dark and hauntingly beautiful, and so is Paradis. The lyrics aren't space-oriented, but that hardly matters. I like the fact that he sings just slowly enough that I can understand his French, but you really don't need to speak the language to love the song. :)

20 hours ago, Curveball Anders said:

That's not very metal, it's more like mainstream pop (says the 50+ yo Sabbath head :wink: )

I totally agree, but it's mainstream pop I can listen to... :wink:
I stopped following new bands and trends once this "Nu Metal" thing hit and stuck to my old guy "not-so-metal-anymore" stuff (Sepultura/Soulfly, RATM, Snot, etc)

16 hours ago, Ultimate Steve said:

I have a very extensive playlist, but my favorite is "THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!"

Fairly appropriate. My 1.1 download is finishing in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1...

ta-ta-ta-taaa ta-ta-ta-ta-taaa ta-ta-ta-taaa ta-ta-ta-ta-taaa !

And now, it's stuck in my head, thank you (not) :D

None, I listen to podcasts when I play KSP instead. When playing KSP the language and speech center of the brain goes unused, so I can make full use of my mental capacity and increase enjoyment by listening to one. Currently I'm catching up on Kerbalcast, a fitting podcast to listen to if you ask me (Or anyone really)

• 1 month later...
On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 6:09 PM, Rath said:

First we take manhattan by leonard cohen.  

On one of my saves.

The Kold war one.

Really.

Oh great hadn't hear that one before (I like Leonard a lot).  Reminds me of another one that would be good, "Waist Deep In the Big Muddy" as sung by Pete Seeger, really good for those times when you know you should be backing off and instead you press forward (and then you're the "big fool who said to push on" :wink: )

some Wagner was mentioned earlier in this thread, but I prefer Beethovens Munlight sonata:

1st movement "enduring the load - visualizing the built"

2nd movement "joining the parts - graceful ascent"

3rd movement "docking on the dark side - Jebediah has control"

if you like this piece, look for alternative interpretations: Horowitz, Barenboim, Pletnev, Synthesia... they all have their unique style

Funny, I'm not usually listening to music at all. I set up my gaming computer in the living room, so I'm usually sitting on the couch next to my wife splitting my attention between watching TV with her and playing KSP (or whatever other game I'm playing at the time). 

#Retro1965 Strangely, I listen to my childhood soundtracks from the 2000 re-runs of Thunderbirds (NOT the Movie, the Puppets one.)

So yeah...

I was listening to the 8-bit remakes of the Banjo-Kazooie themes earlier today. I also listened to the Mos Eisley cantina song and some Super Mario 64 stuff, namely Bob Omb Battlefield and Koopa's Road. That was just in the VAB working on my second Rubik's cube though. In space I like to listen to Interstellar.

Edited by cubinator

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.