Aliens

Souptime

If there's another topic about this i didnt see it, but what about the possibility of aliens in KSP 2 (And maybe even 1)? with everything enhanced i dont see why you couldnt make a long animation loop with an alien model going around and eating some shrubs, but if you have too many it would definitely get laggy so only a couple select planets could have them. No way to advanced civilizations thought, maybe some birds lizards and the occasional leviathan

Or better yet in KSP 1. if you look at the ecumenopolis mod you can see an ithil mass driver, it has collision and doesnt lag at all in my tests so i dont think it would be too hard to replace the mass driver with an alien bird or something taking off and landing, maybe a loop of 2-5 minutes so more it will run well on minimum system requirements. and probably no collision to not crash your interstellar ship running into a bird

Oh and a tidbit unrelated to aliens, since you need to discover planets it would be cool if you could name them or crate the description, it wouldnt make sense to discover them and already have them named and cataloged. If they do have pre set names/desc's then why need to discover them?

What are y'alls thoughts?

Edited by Souptime

There has been a few threads about alien life. The general consensus is that microscopic and plant life would be acceptable to see. Maybe evidence of past advanced life, (crashed probes, ships, ruins) but no aliens.

55 minutes ago, shdwlrd said:

There has been a few threads about alien life. The general consensus is that microscopic and plant life would be acceptable to see. Maybe evidence of past advanced life, (crashed probes, ships, ruins) but no aliens.

But maybe modders could add some

2 hours ago, VoidCosmos said:

We already have aliens in KSP

Hide contents

Kerbals

Well...  Whilst obviously not human, Kerbals are not aliens to Kerbin they are 'natives', or at least appear to have been there long enough to be considered so.  Humans would be the 'aliens' there.

Or just maybe... Kerbals are 'settlers' from another world, that just happened to be toxic to most native species on Kerbin (apart from grass and a few trees).  Which could explain the lack of other life forms (like 'War of the Worlds' with a darker twist to the ending).

I would actually like seeing one of the new solar systems to actually be Earth and not Kerbin. And then you land and some cartoony human fella/fellow-human says hi.

PS: Kudos for those that get the reference.

Edited by Sesshaku

On 1/13/2021 at 11:41 AM, Souptime said:

Oh and a tidbit unrelated to aliens, since you need to discover planets it would be cool if you could name them or crate the description, it wouldnt make sense to discover them and already have them named and cataloged. If they do have pre set names/desc's then why need to discover them?

It's been confirmed that names and descriptions are pre-set and discovering planets is going to allow to know where they are.

3 minutes ago, probe137 said:

It's been confirmed that names and descriptions are pre-set and discovering planets is going to allow to know where they are.

Aww i wish you could name them that would be cool