Specific Science

There seems to be a lot of talk about a science overhaul. Here are my thoughts. I think you should have application specific science. For example, you only start with solid fuel and liquid fuel, but you need to "discover" other types of fuel, by outlining the problem or discovering a resource. You might "discover" propellers after landing on another place with an atmosphere and taking an atmospheric scan. You might only "discover" bigger engines after you take a seismic scan or something during takeoff. You might only "discover" fusion torchships or xenon engines after collecting helium 3 on the mun or xenon on kerbin. Heat shields might be "discovered" after taking a temperature scan during atmospheric entry.  I'm not sure how to include all bigger parts in the equation, though.

i dont really think this would work because that would need very many experiments on very specific places but i like the idea of not knowing exactly what you gonna get. Maybe that the tech tree does not show what you get before you rechearch it.