How to wake up the Kraken?

ShuttlePilot

I want to totally break the game with Kraken, and have fun. Recently on career mode i randomly launched a mini spacecraft into sub-orbit and made Jebediah go EVA, time-warped at 2x , did some messing around, then got back in, fired the engine at very, very low throttle and shut it down then i was available to set time-warp to the highest point (dunno why), i did it at fastest mode and immediately seperated to the last stage, then the pod just glitched out through kerbin at mach 7 and going at 70,000 m/s got through the whole Kerbol system and floated in the nowhere forever. Couldn't do anything because there is no chance of going back. I'm lost far, far away from the Kerbol system. So i though that was fun and i want to awaken the Kraken with the craziest ways! Feel free to post anything, i will try out everything you will recommend!

• 1 month later...

set the thrust limit and the indep throttle of a vector engine to such a ludicrous value with the kal-1000 glitch, that its in the *billions* (i got 15.6 bil once, flag nearly beat the millenium falcon), place a kerbal on top, make sure your craft has a bunch of stuff attatched, and stage the engine

last time i did that, the kerbal went into another dimension, while in map view, parts of the craft were embedded in the planet, and one of them was even "no situation report available" and around the sun, the game reaaaaaaally crapped itself any time i switched to that craft lol...

Edited by JcoolTheShipbuilder

5 hours ago, ShuttlePilot said:

Kraken-ish Duna rover

That sounds like a full kraken attack to me. The only worst I’ve heard about are the hell kraken and such that can delete the solar system (I think squad has patched those already). Maybe people consistently have worse I’ve only had massive stations fall apart for no reason on launch, but auto strut fixes that.

Edited by Daedalus3000

45 minutes ago, Daedalus3000 said:

That sounds like a full kraken attack to me. The only worst I’ve heard about are the hell kraken and such that can delete the solar system (I think squad has patched those already). Maybe people consistently have worse I’ve only had massive stations fall apart for no reason on launch, but auto strut fixes that.

Don't worry Kraken is everywhere. He watches every move of yours! People even had situations where Kraken made doodly orbits!

go around the pol kraken 3 times with 3 kerbals, then smash 3 aerospikes into the kraken, then cook it with a nerv, then the super kraken will come and fight you while rapping

but to be honest, just play with many mods, then the kraken will appear soner than later

On 3/9/2021 at 1:16 AM, adsuri said:

Try to make a gravity ring without any sort of attempt to make it structurally rigid :D

Structural pieces directly attached to a rotor, particularly when using higher than 8x symmetry, also has the same sort of "explode on the runway"-type effect.

On 3/12/2021 at 2:28 AM, JcoolTheShipbuilder said:

also, i made a stable kraken drive, slapped it into Jett Quasar's millenium falcon, and flew around the solar system lol.

Kraken drives have a bad rep amongst many in the KSP community, but I agree that flying a silent, stable drive around Kerbing and the wider solar system, can be immensely satisfying...

On 3/14/2021 at 9:48 AM, dnbattley said:

Structural pieces directly attached to a rotor, particularly when using higher than 8x symmetry, also has the same sort of "explode on the runway"-type effect.

Kraken drives have a bad rep amongst many in the KSP community, but I agree that flying a silent, stable drive around Kerbing and the wider solar system, can be immensely satisfying...

Some kraken drives like the docking port exploit are stable. Yes you have an reaction less drive who don't require power so its a bit of an exploit. 
They really started to become fun then I found you could make 8 docking ports clip like one for 8 time the trust, then use 8 of these on an trust plate for 64x trust. 
Take one of these and an probe core and set to full trust for some days bad things will happen. 

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.