Dude the devs gotta have some good music!

Dr. Kerbal

I can’t wait to play KSP2. But I have a suggestion. Why not have music for each planet.  In KSP1 the same space music would just play. And if you want some music I like these fan made music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0INHLhbzWO8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4qlmPOrGOU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hzHtOIpbSk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIqfDIftN7E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ie6VJJUjA4

Edited by Dr. Kerbal
Why does this have at least 1.2K views?

2 hours ago, Blaf said:

And Hans Zimmer and Yann Tiersen and Daft Punk... that would be nice!

I think the game will be expensive enough at release.  

3 hours ago, K^2 said:

I'm going to be really upset if they don't hire Kevin Macleod to write at least one track exclusively for KSP2. I don't care if it's a small Easter egg track somewhere, just something.

I agree.   He deserves the nod. 

How about a track from The Warning?

The best thing to come out of Mexico since KSP itself, and a nice 'homage' to the game's roots.

And why not name some Kerbals after them too while they are at it?  Dani, Pau and Ale Kerman 3 badass sisters.

Edited by pandaman

6 hours ago, K^2 said:

I'm going to be really upset if they don't hire Kevin Macleod to write at least one track exclusively for KSP2. I don't care if it's a small Easter egg track somewhere, just something.

Maybe the KSP 2 sound artist could reference McLd's music in some of the melodies, but I feel it'd be a sharp tonal shift if a track with Macleod's trademark free music vibe started playing.

Edited by Bej Kerman
Clarification

4 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Maybe the KSP 2 sound artist could reference McLd's music in some of the melodies, but I feel it'd be a sharp tonal shift if a track with Macleod's trademark free music vibe started playing.

I'm certain he would be able to compose and master the track in a way it wouldn't sound out of place among the rest of the soundtrack.

3 minutes ago, Blaf said:
9 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

I'm certain he would be able to compose and master the track in a way it wouldn't sound out of place among the rest of the soundtrack.

Having listened to a lot of tracks from them, I feel that isn't too likely.

20 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

He did make part of KSP's soundtrack.

5 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

I gotta admit i don't know his music that well. But i would assume any professional composer should be able to at least bend his style in a way it fits the theme.

37 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:
59 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

He did make part of KSP's soundtrack.

You know that I know that.

59 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

He does custom contract work too.   He's made a lot of stuff that is bespoke to the client's request. 

6 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

5 hours ago, Gargamel said:

He does custom contract work too.   He's made a lot of stuff that is bespoke to the client's request. 

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Something that fits KSP2 and is written especially for it.

Kevin Macleod works in a huge variety of musical styles and I have no doubt he can write something that would fit.

5 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

You do know that the works in the free library are quickly slapped together just to have a good variety of tracks, right? Have you heard any of his more serious works? He is a very capable composer.

Edited by K^2

The feeling you get when you breach 70 kilometers and the music starts playing....its really magical. I hope that something like this is incorporated into ksp2.....alongside ambient music for each planet/moon. 

And do you guys think that ksp2 will have a theme like ksp’s? I hope so. I dunno. I’m tired.

I think it’s safe to say that with the level of quality they team is putting into the game, that they’ll be a pretty nice score for the game. It’s just like ksp2 in general....we’ll have to wait to find out, but it’s bound to be worth it!

Cheers

-Lewie

Edited by Lewie

On 1/15/2021 at 9:10 AM, The Aziz said:

They have @Zimm on the team, is that close enough?

Sadly I am one of the LEAST musically inclined humans on this planet.
But fear not, our "Master of Music", Howard M (the M is for Music of course), is working his magic on all your atmospheric vibration needs. :)

On 1/14/2021 at 8:39 PM, The Aziz said:

They already have a sound artist in the team, so I expect a lot of original music.

Ya. And that will be interesting to hear.

During the gameplay.