Dude the devs gotta have some good music!

Dr. Kerbal

• 2 months later...

Ksp 1 has some beautiful music. We have heared the same 3 songs a hundred times, so we look to the future music of Ksp 2. 

All the music from Ksp 2 I have heared sounds wonderful, I like the spatial tone and ambiance of it. It almost reminds me of Pink Floyd.

I wanted to start a discussion about the music because it is realy important (at least to me) yet I see no conversation about it.

They can go many directions with the music, anyone who follows music in games knows how dynamic music has become very prevalent. I hope we hear more about the music.

Ok sorry, I am realy enthusiastic about  the music!

Just as an aside... What about adding the ability that some other games have i.e. piping in external music? Maybe do it in a similar style as a game like ATS? It may not be exactly fitting per se, but I think it would be nice to play music ingame from various sources such as spotify, pandora, private mp3 lists, etc.

To add a touch of realism if this were to ever be implemented, it could depend on signal strength as to whether Jeb could jam to 'Rocket Man' or not.

23 hours ago, PlutoISaPlanet said:

I wanted to start a discussion about the music because it is realy important (at least to me) yet I see no conversation about it.

Here it is!   I merged these for you.  :D 

And I do hope they put a bit of effort into the music.  

1 hour ago, Dientus said:

What about adding the ability that some other games have i.e. piping in external music?

Why not just mute the music and use a background music app?  

15 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

Thanks! I also hope the music is good, what we have already heard sounded pretty good!

2 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Because immersion... Well ok lazy but still :joy:

22 minutes ago, PlutoISaPlanet said:

Same!

It has a bit more of a natural feeling, it is not as abstarct as what we have heared so far.  I like abstract, but some grounded music is still awesome!

I also like that its a bit spooky. Could be really mood-setting for some worlds. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/15/2021 at 12:47 AM, Lord Aurelius said:

I totally agree, it would be awesome for each planet to have its own theme music. There's a mod for KSP1 that allows for this, and it really improves the feel of the game.

Yes that would be very cool! One quick question; Is there a KSP1 mod that allows you to use your own music files? Not really important to me, if I want different music I just have music playing in a different window as I play KSP.

The Kevin MacLeod royalty-free tubes were iconic and not really that bad, but they got stale. I can't wait to see what they come up with!

13 hours ago, Ben J. Kerman said:

Yes that would be very cool! One quick question; Is there a KSP1 mod that allows you to use your own music files? Not really important to me, if I want different music I just have music playing in a different window as I play KSP.

You don't really need a mod for that. You can just go into the game's files and replace the sounds with your own .MP3s.

48 minutes ago, Kernel Kraken said:

You don't really need a mod for that. You can just go into the game's files and replace the sounds with your own .MP3s.

REally? You know what that means to me,..