Dude the devs gotta have some good music!

• 2 months later...

Ksp 1 has some beautiful music. We have heared the same 3 songs a hundred times, so we look to the future music of Ksp 2. 

All the music from Ksp 2 I have heared sounds wonderful, I like the spatial tone and ambiance of it. It almost reminds me of Pink Floyd.

I wanted to start a discussion about the music because it is realy important (at least to me) yet I see no conversation about it.

They can go many directions with the music, anyone who follows music in games knows how dynamic music has become very prevalent. I hope we hear more about the music.

Ok sorry, I am realy enthusiastic about  the music!

yhea i really hope the devs make the same type of music but not the same as in ksp 1. the musik in ksp has an almost interstellar(the movie) vibe wich i really like.

Just as an aside... What about adding the ability that some other games have i.e. piping in external music? Maybe do it in a similar style as a game like ATS? It may not be exactly fitting per se, but I think it would be nice to play music ingame from various sources such as spotify, pandora, private mp3 lists, etc.

To add a touch of realism if this were to ever be implemented, it could depend on signal strength as to whether Jeb could jam to 'Rocket Man' or not.

23 hours ago, PlutoISaPlanet said:

I wanted to start a discussion about the music because it is realy important (at least to me) yet I see no conversation about it.

Here it is!   I merged these for you.  :D 

And I do hope they put a bit of effort into the music.  

1 hour ago, Dientus said:

What about adding the ability that some other games have i.e. piping in external music?

Why not just mute the music and use a background music app?  

15 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

Thanks! I also hope the music is good, what we have already heard sounded pretty good!

2 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Because immersion... Well ok lazy but still :joy:

4 minutes ago, Pthigrivi said:

I'd still love to see something in the vein of Boards of Canada:

Same!

It has a bit more of a natural feeling, it is not as abstarct as what we have heared so far.  I like abstract, but some grounded music is still awesome!

22 minutes ago, PlutoISaPlanet said:

Same!

It has a bit more of a natural feeling, it is not as abstarct as what we have heared so far.  I like abstract, but some grounded music is still awesome!

I also like that its a bit spooky. Could be really mood-setting for some worlds.