A new update for KSP Enhanced Edition is live!

UomoCapra

Hello Kerbonauts! 

A new update for Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition is live! 

This update includes a number of quality-of-life-features , including the ability to seamlessly switch between the SPH and the VAB without leaving the editor, plus a Maneuver Widget for fine tuning maneuvers during interplanetary flights.  Console players  have  now also access to Camera Mode, which allows to take cool screenshots without the UI showing up and the ability to move the camera around when the game is paused in flight. A good deal of fixes has also been packed into this update, and for Breaking Ground players we have included the R-062, R-12 and R-25 Ducted Fan Blades to the part inventory. 

Check out this patch's Changelog for further details:

CHANGES

Quality of Life Updates
* Sliders now display units in the Part Action Window where appropriate
* Added Marquee scrolling to a few PAW items for when the text is super long. Text is ellipsis in this case and on mouse over will move left then right
* Updated the Future suit glow color picker position to prevent it from hovering the Kerbal preview
* Intended duplicated group-actions have a marker to distinguish the part side
* Converter actions now indicate resource type to differentiate them
* Hide UI elements that aren't being used and avoid unnecessary updates in flight mode
* The PAW start position doesn't block the center of the screen
* Maneuver Widget for Fine Tuning Maneuvers
* Pinned labels in map view now persist pinned even when leaving and re-entering map view
* Add new Cheat option in the Debug Menu - Set Position to teleport a vessel to a position relative to the surface of a celestial body
* Editor switcher - switching between SPH and VAB without leaving the editor
* Made staging and docking UI available in map view
* Persist Aero GUI UI debug window setting and Debug Aero info in PAWs setting between game sessions
* Add an EVA button when opening the Transfer Crew dialogue via the PAW

New Features
* Fuel cells can be set started in the VAB or SPH for launch
* Added EVA button to the crew transfer dialog. Functions the same as the crew hatch dialog EVA button
* Solar Panel and RTG now displays the power units produced based on Experience trait settings in the Part extended tooltip
* Add function to “back-off” the camera when switching vessels to prevent the camera from starting inside vessels
* Added action groups for the fan blades for toggling the Roll, Yaw and Pitch controls independently and also turn them all ON or OFF
* Added Camera mode (unlocked camera movement controls) when game is paused in flight and you hide the UI
* Ability to edit Action Groups in flight
* Add ability to edit numerical value fields in PAWs using the key input

New Parts and Updates
* Add rock/dirt debris FX to the Drill-O-Matic and Drill-O-Matic Junior
* Fix LV-N engine FX particle offset

Fixed Issues
* Wheels and vessel will remain stable after time warping.
* Kerbals performing EVAs now show in the proper tab in the astronaut complex after their initial craft has been recovered in flight.
* The Hack Gravity cheat can be reset to the default value by moving the slider to 1.00, pressing the reset button, or unchecking the box to disable the feature
* The camera will now be placed an appropriate distance and away from large crafts or objects when switching scenes throughout gameplay.
* The cursor can no longer be opened while on the Open Vessel menu
* The altimeter buttons are no longer functional while holding deployed science. This prevents the icons from getting stuck on scene change.
* Return to Space Center" and "Cancel Strategy" buttons are now functional when activating 5 resource strategies in the Administration Building.
* Look around cursor is present and works accordingly when toggling it with [L3] throughout flight.
* Kerbals now remain in their pre-flight state when immediately reverting to the VAB/SPH through the flight results menu after a vessel is crashed.
* More info will now automatically scroll when viewing the additional information. The scroll will move accordingly, stopping at the top and bottom for a few seconds before continuing.
* (Xbox) Infinite propellant cheat no longer causes drops in performance when flying a craft with the throttle set to zero.
* The title's memory usage and frame rate should now remain stable when using the tweak mode on parts while 'Simplified'; is the active preset.
* The cursor is automatically activated, and fairing previews now display in real time when choosing "Build Fairing" in the fairing PAW when using simplified preset.
* (PS4) The Approach information for the maneuver instantly updates when an intercept is found with a target or celestial body in Map Mode with any Controller Preset throughout gameplay.
* The Text Maneuver Editor window now opens accordingly when a Maneuver Node is placed/ adjusted from Map Mode with all control presets. 
* The tooltip for 'approach info' now updates to display the name of any celestial body or vessel that is being targeted by the active vessel. When untargeted, the tooltip updates to display this.
* The place cross-section prompt is replaced by a blue "Close Fairing" prompt when it is possible to terminate the fairing to another part.
* The rename button next to action sets 1-4 will now function when used.

History and Parts Pack
* Contracts that require DLC specific parts no longer appear in Mission Control while the specific DLC is not installed in a Career Playthrough.

Breaking Ground
* Adjusted the Remove Row button in KAL to only delete the row when clicking on the red cross, not the whole segment
* Stock Breaking Ground Vessel Updates
* R-062, R-12 and R-25 Ducted Fan Blades
* The remove track function's clickable area is confined to the red X button

If you want to continue helping us out by providing us with feedback and bug reports, you can do so through our Bugtracker or Private Division’s customer support platform.

Happy Launchings! :)

2 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

Console players  have  now also access to Camera Mode, which allows to take cool screenshots without the UI showing up and the ability to move the camera around when the game is paused in flight. A good deal of fixes has also been packed into this update, and for Breaking Ground players we have included the R-062, R-12 and R-25 Ducted Fan Blades to the part inventory. 

Two things we've been asking for for a while now, I'm glad it finally happened for us. Now I can take good pics of my craft.... And also use the ducted fans.One thing I haven't checked to see if it was fixed was the KAL-1000 and Prop issues I was encountering. I was unable toget the prop above 60m/s with an insane amount of drag and weight to the front. My craft would flip over when I launched it, and the RPMs got up to about 10 and stayed there. I cliped in a panther with after burner on and struggle to stay above stall.

The place cross-section prompt is replaced by a blue "Close Fairing" prompt when it is possible to terminate the fairing to another part.

Another thing that we wanted ever since you could leave fairings open.

Add new Cheat option in the Debug Menu - Set Position to teleport a vessel to a position relative to the surface of a celestial body

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No more need for the Mun Launch site.

@UomoCapra will you guys take the launch site out now that we can teleport our crafts, or will that be something you will give to PC as well??

Thanks guys. The thing I´m most excited about and that is indeed working (just tested) is the landers not jumping anymore when loading them. That was pretty much the last remaining big pain in the a.. for me. 

I can’t wait until 1.11 KSP PC comes out on conceals! Looks forward to the large update and building things in space!

On 1/14/2021 at 9:01 AM, UomoCapra said:

The cursor can no longer be opened while on the Open Vessel menu

Thank you! This caused so much trouble and confusion.

Maneuver Widget for Fine Tuning Maneuvers

Where do I find this?

(PS4) The Approach information for the maneuver instantly updates when an intercept is found with a target or celestial body in Map Mode with any Controller Preset throughout gameplay.

Thank you!

* Add rock/dirt debris FX to the Drill-O-Matic and Drill-O-Matic Junior * Fix LV-N engine FX particle offset

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2021 at 6:01 PM, UomoCapra said:

* Added action groups for the fan blades for toggling the Roll, Yaw and Pitch controls independently and also turn them all ON or OFF

I can get back to my "blades instead of wings" project that were hard to control.

Would there be more symetry mode for blades that are not supouse to serve as blades but as wings?