Rendezvous

uh no but tipped over when impact on the mun. I think because mechjeb refused to ditch the 3rd stage (the final stage) because it has over 2km/s delta v. There are only landing legs on the upper stage. Right now I am working on a skycrane that could hopefully bring my craft vertically to another place

but that costs too much, i think i should simply explode my 3rd stage and bring my upper stage up and down using it's engines

but i cannot do that

Its hard unless you designed it to. A horizontal landing leg at the top, and/or a sideways engine at the top are good ways. 

Occasionally I've done it with firing 1/3 engines if they're placed on the edge, together with the reaction wheel, but its dicey.

how do i use 10 rcs thrusters to flip it

Just now, paul_c said:

I stopped fitting RCS to landers, it was useless......let me guess, its not powerful enough to right the vehicle?

because this is a permanent mun base, i don't want a flying kerbal crash to the base and flip it over so i placed 16 rcs thrusters

that's it, i would use eva construction when bill comes in

12 hours ago, Anonymous49 said:

i placed 16 rcs thrusters

The whole point of RCS is to allow for application of very weak (but precise) forces. Piling up thrusters is self-defeating for that purpose while probably  also not the best option for some different application you may have in mind.

anyways,

16 hours ago, Anonymous49 said:

how do i made a thing lying standing vertically?

Without seeing the craft I have no idea about the specifics. ? As a general rule it need a strong enough torque to flip it (reaction wheels, robotic parts, engines that are not aligned with CoM, etc..), a wide enough base and a flat enough ground where to stand.

12 minutes ago, Spricigo said:

i placed 16 rcs thrusters

To further this, one rcs thruster placed at the end of a long stick could have the same rotational torque as 5 or 6 placed directly on the craft because of how leverage works. If you cover your three axis with rcs that's been extended out, it could potentially work as effectively as some of the more powerful reaction wheels. 

IOW, more is not always better. Work smart not hard. 

Edited by James M

1. You can't control 2 things at once - if you're 'controlling' the Kerbal, that RCS thruster won't fire anyway

2. Don't fly Kerbals (at high speed) into spaceships

3. I've honestly never had a Kerbal topple over or interfere with a spaceship anyway. Occasionally, they'll go into a solar panel and smash it (but you put more than 1 solar panel on it, right?) but never move or topple it. Even if trying to, a lot.

4 minutes ago, paul_c said:

1. You can't control 2 things at once - if you're 'controlling' the Kerbal, that RCS thruster won't fire anyway

2. Don't fly Kerbals (at high speed) into spaceships

3. I've honestly never had a Kerbal topple over or interfere with a spaceship anyway. Occasionally, they'll go into a solar panel and smash it (but you put more than 1 solar panel on it, right?) but never move or topple it. Even if trying to, a lot.

uh so i need to find a mod that i can control 2 thing as once, especially the "electron" program, i need to control 2 things at once

btw thanks for giving this thing good rating, i never had 2 stars before

1 hour ago, Anonymous49 said:

uh so i need to find a mod that i can control 2 thing as once, especially the "electron" program, i need to control 2 things at once

btw thanks for giving this thing good rating, i never had 2 stars before

The program you're looking for doesn't exist. 

To be more specific, you can't determine the outcome beforehand of two separate instances whose outcome also happens to depends on the other's. There is a mod that allows you to essentially predetermine a flight plan for another vessel, but as soon as you swap back to your first vessel, you lose control of the second. What you're asking for requires essentially two controllers (Two players). 

I guess a probe core with SAS set to radial out with rcs control might work however?...

Edited by James M

11 minutes ago, James M said:

The program you're looking for doesn't exist. 

To be more specific, you can't determine the outcome beforehand of two separate instances whose outcome also happens to depends on the other's. There is a mod that allows you to essentially predetermine a flight plan for another vessel, but as soon as you swap back to your first vessel, you lose control of the second. What you're asking for requires essentially two controllers (Two players). 

I guess a probe core with SAS set to radial out with rcs control might work however?...

the "electron" program is where i place a electron rocket under a plane and release it midair and reach orbit. Btw  when I saw piolet1549 video in youtube for fully reusuing boosters he can have 2 things at once. One is the booster the other is the upper stage

2 minutes ago, Anonymous49 said:

the "electron" program is where i place a electron rocket under a plane and release it midair and reach orbit. Btw  when I saw piolet1549 video in youtube for fully reusuing boosters he can have 2 things at once. One is the booster the other is the upper stage

Yes but he wasn't actually controlling both at the same time. It might have looked like it, but that's because he put in (Or set up for) a predetermined path for whichever vehicle he wasn't using at the moment. 

Edited by James M

3 minutes ago, Anonymous49 said:

what does that mean

It means he had a flight computer controlling the other craft. And unless that flight computer was on the "electron rocket", he couldn't have swapped back to the plane from the rocket because it was in flight in the atmosphere essentially dooming it to crash into the surface. (Unless of course the flight computer was programmed with proper landing procedures as well.)

Just now, James M said:

It means he had a flight computer controlling the other craft. And unless that flight computer was on the "electron rocket", he couldn't have swapped back to the plane from the rocket because it was in flight in the atmosphere essentially dooming it to crash into the surface. (Unless of course the flight computer was programmed with proper landing procedures as well.)

im fine with that, how to do it?

Just now, Anonymous49 said:

im fine with that, how to do it?

Haha you're talking top teir programming. I'm not afraid to admit I have literally no idea. If I could program a flight computer just like that, we'd all be using stratolaunchers right now. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.