Rendezvous

at that attitude my rocket is almost horizontal. And my low twr (About 1.10) could not overcome the drag and the time to ap fall down until it reaches 0 and the rocket comes back down

Just now, paul_c said:

So you need either a bigger engine, or more engines!

dude i used 23 skipper engines for liftoff man!

skipper is currently my most powerful engine, five of them in the core stage

the payload is too freaking heavy

i chose to use the resilient 1b, the heaviest in my fleet.

Sounds like there's some fairly fundamental issues with the rocket, if it can't reach orbit and is falling down so early on.

If you're hauling 44t of payload up to LKO, you'll need a fairly big rocket underneath it. I am not familiar with the tech tree unlock levels, I can't remember what is unlocked for each level etc but if you don't have bigger stuff, then it would need either multiple smaller ones - which might be difficult to join together - or an entire rethink.

The beauty of rendezvous, docking, building a space station etc is you don't need to take it all up at once - you can 'build' it in space, from smaller more manageable bits.

I reckon with the skipper engine but without "mainsail" unlocked, you'll struggle getting over 10t into orbit. Don't forget the lower stage(s) have to lift both the payload and the (enormous quantity of fuel and engines of the) upper stage(s), hence why lower/1st stages are always much bigger than the others.

On 2/7/2021 at 2:53 AM, Anonymous49 said:

at that attitude my rocket is almost horizontal. And my low twr (About 1.10) could not overcome the drag and the time to ap fall down until it reaches 0 and the rocket comes back down

dude i used 23 skipper engines for liftoff man!

skipper is currently my most powerful engine, five of them in the core stage

the payload is too freaking heavy

i chose to use the resilient 1b, the heaviest in my fleet.

23 skipper engines?? If you're delta v is over 3500m/s it should still make orbit even with a twr of 1.1. I often have rocket twr of 1.1 or 1.2 at launch, then the twr increases as you go up and the weight reduces on your craft. I think we need to see a picture because 23 skipper engines sounds ludicrous. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.