Suddenly I have gravity on the Mun.

Ktrooper15

*** FIXED*** 

{ Alt+F12 , Gravity Hack} 

Not normally one for cheating , but I'll let this one slide.

Suddenly, after a long while away from ksp I returned (adding parallax). I have started a new science mode and have reached the mun to find there's gravity on it ???? Before I could fly around the mun using little kerbal jet packs and RCS but now I can't jump higher than a kerbal. 

Any ideas of what's happened? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you. 

Edited by Ktrooper15

8 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

You might be confusing Mun with Minmus. Minmus is much smaller and you can get to orbit on your jetpack from it. 

Thank you for your reply. I'm 100% on the Mun right now, attempting biome hopping  . Just can't jet pack up to my command module. 

7 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

Could be the inventory changes in 1.11 making Kerbal + jet pack heavier than before, or you've accidentally turned on 'hack gravity'?

Thank you for your help, I'll have a look in the settings. Maybe it's conflicting mods ? 

6 hours ago, overkill13 said:

If you are using a save from a previous version of KSP you may find that your Kerbal does NOT have a jetpack anymore.  The game failed to add jet packs to already deployed Kerbals after you update the game and load an old save.

Thank you for your help, it doesn't matter if I have a jet pack or not. Lost the weightlessness of being on the mun , just feels like I'm on Kerbin. 

Edited by Ktrooper15

I've found that Parallax has a small issue sort of soft-locking your Kerbal while on EVA as well - if you get off the ground, do you fall again (aka normal expected gravity)? If you don't you need to reload your save or attempt to get back into your lander (by constantly thrusting upwards - it'll take a while).

5 hours ago, RA3236 said:

I've found that Parallax has a small issue sort of soft-locking your Kerbal while on EVA as well - if you get off the ground, do you fall again (aka normal expected gravity)? If you don't you need to reload your save or attempt to get back into your lander (by constantly thrusting upwards - it'll take a while).

Thank you for your help, I literally tried everything. I hope it's not Parallax. Really good mod. Polishes of the game nicly. 

8 hours ago, Ktrooper15 said:

Thank you for your help, I'll have a look in the settings. Maybe it's conflicting mods ? 

Thank you for your help, it doesn't matter if I have a jet pack or not. Lost the weightlessness of being on the mun , just feels like I'm on Kerbin. 

you are not weightless on the mun. the gravity is lower, but it's still there.

unless we are misunderstanding each other.

also, this goes in the question subforum

17 hours ago, Ktrooper15 said:

Thank you for your help, I literally tried everything. I hope it's not Parallax. Really good mod. Polishes of the game nicly. 

Go to GameData\Parallax\Config and edit the "collide = true" line, change it to false, see if that works.

EDIT: didn't see that you fixed it with Hack Gravity. If it happens again, try that fix.

Edited by RA3236

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.