[1.8-1.12.x] Buran Energia [Fully Usable]- 2.1 [RSS/RO Compatible]

papasid

1 hour ago, kingzlo said:

hi, i cant seem to find the download link, was it removed or am I just stupid

Try reading the previous page of posts, starting here:

EDIT: Oh wow, you replied immediately after that with a pre-repeat of the same question you just asked. Nevermind, this looks hopeless.

Edited by HebaruSan

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/4/2022 at 6:38 PM, TonyT said:

I put the Buran Energia folder in gamedata. Parts doesn't show up in game. Have i done anything wrong?

do you have realism overhaul installed? can you share a pic of your gamedata here?

Edited by papasid

12 hours ago, papasid said:

It should work with stock as well. this mod isn't RSS/RO only, but fixes are focused around that. stock was left mostly untouched.

I also, on 1.10.1 rss/ro, do not display parts from buran at all

Edited by serg1983

On 2/9/2022 at 8:17 PM, TheUndertaker97 said:

I have the same problem, KSP 1.12.3 and no RSS/RO. Installed the mod via CKAN, all the files are in the correct place but can't see any part ingame.

try installing without ckan and let me know. during testing we didnt had that issue. check if you installed dependencies as well. ckan doesnt shows dependencies properly.

• 2 weeks later...
On 02.02.2022 at 05:25, papasid said:

Буран теперь полностью пригоден для использования и аэродинамически стабилен. Он может разместить около 30 тонн полезной нагрузки на НОО.

Hi! Can Buran land adequately now?

Hey Papasid I was finally able to check Buran for landing (I won’t be able to carry it out before this due to the fact that the laptop is rather weak and worked slowly) I tried to land and ... Again the cabin "falls" like this ... Did I do something wrong? Installed all the necessary mods, version 1.12psGvKZ9793k.jpg?size=1280x720&quality=96qbckdIpyu9I.jpg?size=1280x720&quality=96

34 минуты назад, Папасид сказал:

Мне кажется это сток. Я бы посоветовал вам перестроить буран и не использовать готовый корабль. Я не трогал стоковые файлы. Буран на складе Работал, значит, должен работать и сейчас.

Oh, i see, okay

I try it after coming from college, thanks you

Okay, built an orbiter from scratch, set the elevons to pitch, yaw and roll, and attached the shuttle to the Energia (The rocket is taken from crafting because I don't know how to build it) Launched with FGB, I return to Earth, but still the same problem with aerodynamics

Edited by Soviet_Velir

3 hours ago, Soviet_Velir said:

Okay, built an orbiter from scratch, set the elevons to pitch, yaw and roll, and attached the shuttle to the Energia (The rocket is taken from crafting because I don't know how to build it) Launched with FGB, I return to Earth, but still the same problem with aerodynamics

see the landing demonstration on first post.

Hi again! Been so long

I have downloaded the mod from SpaceDock and I believe people who do this have the problem of parts not showing due to a directory issue. I have little knowledge of this but I suspect this has to do with the model of the parts. In that download you’ve merged all folders into a single “Buran Energia” one, which is to be thanked to be honest, but the part configs are still taking the model as if the mod was still divided into two separate. For example: the body flap config is taking the model from DECQ_ENERGIA/BURAN/BURAN_BODY_FLAP, which is one of the old folders, when instead it should be taking  it from Buran Energia/BURAN/BURAN_BODY_FLAP.

I’ll try myself to see if changing that fixes the issue.

Hope to be of service. 

Update: it did fix it, so you just have to do that with every part. However, I’d recommend naming the folder “Buran_Energia” since I’ve heard leaving spaces between words produces issues with the configs.

Edited by vieju17

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.