[1.8-1.12.x] Buran Energia [Fully Usable]- 2.1 [RSS/RO Compatible]

papasid

On 3/2/2022 at 12:33 AM, vieju17 said:

Hi again! Been so long

I have downloaded the mod from SpaceDock and I believe people who do this have the problem of parts not showing due to a directory issue. I have little knowledge of this but I suspect this has to do with the model of the parts. In that download you’ve merged all folders into a single “Buran Energia” one, which is to be thanked to be honest, but the part configs are still taking the model as if the mod was still divided into two separate. For example: the body flap config is taking the model from DECQ_ENERGIA/BURAN/BURAN_BODY_FLAP, which is one of the old folders, when instead it should be taking  it from Buran Energia/BURAN/BURAN_BODY_FLAP.

I’ll try myself to see if changing that fixes the issue.

Hope to be of service. 

Update: it did fix it, so you just have to do that with every part. However, I’d recommend naming the folder “Buran_Energia” since I’ve heard leaving spaces between words produces issues with the configs.

Thanks for the insight. pls put up a merge request on the github to incorporate your changes.

Edited by papasid

14 hours ago, papasid said:

Thanks for the insight. pls put up a merge request on the github to incorporate your changes.

Sure! Let me just be sure everything works since I just tried with two parts and I'll be doing that as soon as possible. 

15 hours ago, vieju17 said:

Sure! Let me just be sure everything works since I just tried with two parts and I'll be doing that as soon as possible. 

your pull request doesn't maintain the file structure. make sure you clone out the main branch and then perform edits on it.

I pulled in your request without checking, had to re-upload all the files again.

Edited by papasid

10 hours ago, papasid said:

your pull request doesn't maintain the file structure. make sure you clone out the main branch and then perform edits on it.

I pulled in your request without checking, had to re-upload all the files again.

Hi uhm... First of all, sorry for messing that up, truly. Secondly, I have no idea of how to do that. I've been trying these two days and watching and reading all tutorials but can't get it. I've got to the point where I made the changes and pushed them to my fork but then it is uploaded as a submodule and it says there are no changes made. It's weird.

Also, I find it strange that the GitHub file is different from the SpaceDock one... In GitHub the mod is still devided into two folders while the SpaceDock one is the new single one. I don't know if that's intentional. 

I would really love to contribute with my changes but can't figure out how. So maybe it'll be easier if you do it yourself. It's just a matter of changing the mod's folder name to "Buran_Energia" and then in every part's cfg file where it says MODEL and either "DECQ_ENERGIA/" or "Alcentar_Add-ons/" change it to "Buran_Energia" too. 

Sincerely sorry, I'm really bad at this :(

21 minutes ago, vieju17 said:

Hi uhm... First of all, sorry for messing that up, truly. Secondly, I have no idea of how to do that. I've been trying these two days and watching and reading all tutorials but can't get it. I've got to the point where I made the changes and pushed them to my fork but then it is uploaded as a submodule and it says there are no changes made. It's weird.

Also, I find it strange that the GitHub file is different from the SpaceDock one... In GitHub the mod is still devided into two folders while the SpaceDock one is the new single one. I don't know if that's intentional. 

I would really love to contribute with my changes but can't figure out how. So maybe it'll be easier if you do it yourself. It's just a matter of changing the mod's folder name to "Buran_Energia" and then in every part's cfg file where it says MODEL and either "DECQ_ENERGIA/" or "Alcentar_Add-ons/" change it to "Buran_Energia" too. 

Sincerely sorry, I'm really bad at this :(

Spacedock and Github are at parity now. I have reverted back everything to the old naming scheme.

you can upload files on gdrive and send me the link, i will upload the changes manually.

1 hour ago, papasid said:

Spacedock and Github are at parity now. I have reverted back everything to the old naming scheme.

you can upload files on gdrive and send me the link, i will upload the changes manually.

Nice, I personally would've kept the single folder one. Anyway, I'm extremely burnt from trying stuff so I'll just send you the mod as I have it. However, if you've gone back to the old naming scheme my changes will be counterproductive. Do as you desire with my version and hope it is helpful in one way or another: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GYcdrHrLcoAiyeHD0nyhYb8wh12cki5r/view?usp=sharing

Sincere apologies again for the inconvenience.  If only I knew something about coding... This would've been way easier. 

3 hours ago, vieju17 said:

Nice, I personally would've kept the single folder one. Anyway, I'm extremely burnt from trying stuff so I'll just send you the mod as I have it. However, if you've gone back to the old naming scheme my changes will be counterproductive. Do as you desire with my version and hope it is helpful in one way or another: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GYcdrHrLcoAiyeHD0nyhYb8wh12cki5r/view?usp=sharing

Sincere apologies again for the inconvenience.  If only I knew something about coding... This would've been way easier. 

Thanks for this. It's okay to have failed the first time to do things properly. Keep trying to learn. You didn't had to change the name manually. You could have either done it with a python script or batch rename via np++ . Hardly takes 10 mins to finish upload. Next time, try that.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello. Thanks for your great work for amazing ship! I install 2.1 with RO and I no have attachment buran to energia in parts list. And gears are not functional. All mods are installed from CKAN. Manual installation produces the same results. What I do wrong?)

13 hours ago, DoctorDeath said:

Hello. Thanks for your great work for amazing ship! I install 2.1 with RO and I no have attachment buran to energia in parts list. And gears are not functional. All mods are installed from CKAN. Manual installation produces the same results. What I do wrong?)

ckan might not have got the dependencies right. check spacedock and install all dependencies.

Edited by papasid

Hello,

I'm using FARc and having a problem in which the Buran falls nose-first regardless of the acceleration placed on it. This effect only takes place in low altitudes. I am using JNSQ, if that makes any difference. I have installed all dependencies. Please let me know if I need to provide any more information.

Edited by eagleswing12

19 hours ago, eagleswing12 said:

Hello,

I'm using FARc and having a problem in which the Buran falls nose-first regardless of the acceleration placed on it. This effect only takes place in low altitudes. I am using JNSQ, if that makes any difference. I have installed all dependencies. Please let me know if I need to provide any more information.

Hi, i am unable to provide support for non-RO. also, are you following pitch up attitude till your craft becomes supersonic? till it slows down to supersonic speeds, buran has to essentially be nearly stalling. you could refer to the reentry video on the main post for proper reentry technique.

After, it slows down enough, it is stable enough to fly descent path to the airport. you can try increasing control deflection to make control surfaces more responsive.

Edited by papasid

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, ExMachina said:

Do I need to put the RO folder even though I'm playing on FAR/Stock save?

If you are playing with FAR, I would recommend that you install RO as well because all the FAR configs work with RO only.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.