PC Bluescreens when loading Breaking Ground (Making History is Fine)

Every time I load my (modded) KSP,  the game bluescreens with the error: VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR. This happens while loading Breaking Ground. When I uninstall Breaking Ground, the game loads perfectly with no error. Any ideas?

I have already updated all my drivers, attempted troubleshooting through the command line, and I wiped my PC and reinstalled nothing but steam and KSP first before reinstalling everything else, and still no use. Here are my specs:

Primary Specs

Base: HP 17 Laptop PC

Color: Jet black

Operating system: Windows 10 Home 64

Processor and graphics: Intel® Core™ i7-1065G7 (1.3 GHz, up to 3.9 GHz, 8 MB L3 cache, 4 cores) + NVIDIA® GeForce® MX330 (2 GB)

Memory: 16 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (2 x 8 GB)

Display: 17.3" diagonal HD+ SVA BrightView WLED-backlit (1600 x 900)

Storage: 1 TB 5400 rpm SATA; 16 GB Intel® Optane™ memory

Additional Specs

Productivity software: Office Software Trial

McAfee LiveSafe™ security software: Security Software Trial

Primary battery: 3-cell, 41 Wh Lithium-ion prismatic Battery

Primary optical driveDVD-Writer

KeyboardStandard Keyboard (jet black)

PersonalizationHP TrueVision HD Camera with integrated digital microphone

NetworkingIntel® Wi-Fi 6 AX 201 (2x2) and Bluetooth® 5 combo (Supporting Gigabit file transfer speeds)

Any help is appreciated!

That error normally points to drivers, but you say you've already updated them all - I'm assuming you're including chipset, motherboard, integrated graphics card etc in that statement? You may also find a BIOS update (and other firmware updates) available on your manufacturer's website. I'd suggest checking for those as well. 

If you wiped your PC then you'll have to update the drivers again, especially if you restored or reinstalled from a manufacturer's disk or recovery partition; installing steam & KSP first won't help much in that scenario - do the drivers first. Firmware only really needs to be done once, whenever a new version comes out (shouldn't be affected by reinstalling windows). 

It would also be worth checking that KSP is assigned to your NVIDIA card when it launches - ensure it's not trying to launch via the integrated graphics.

As VoidSquid says, the crash dump would help find out more but all signs initially are pointing to video issues. You could also check temperatures using any software like HWInfo - although I don't think this is very likely if it's happening as soon as it's launched, I don't know the environmentals so it's worth considering that there may simply be too much load on the card and it could be either overheating or faulty. Some laptops share heatsinks & fans for graphics & CPU to save space so don't immediately rule it out. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.