impossible to carry a ground experiment and a EVA pack at the same time ?

Marachdrifter

54 minutes ago, KerikBalm said:

Wait, if you put something (anything?!) down, you can't pick it up again?

49 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

No, you can pick things up.

you can put stuff on the ground, and then pick them up to build something in EVA construction mode. but outside eva construction mode, you cannot. Put a parachute on the ground, and a regular kerbal cannot pick it up. 

the only work around, is to have an engineer comming, enter eva construction mode, pick it up from the ground and put it in another kebal personal inventory

4 hours ago, vv3k70r said:

You missed that You are about to carry more. Both weight and volume.

See in KIS/KAS - if You load inventory with pipelines You cannot fly jetpack on da Mun - it gives You just a slower descent.

not really, when i say i rely on eva pack to climb up the rocket, i have nothing else in my inventory. i'm only carrying things down, not up.

2 hours ago, Marachdrifter said:

not really, when i say i rely on eva pack to climb up the rocket, i have nothing else in my inventory. i'm only carrying things down, not up.

When You put it on the ground does it look like You carry this inside anything?

Ot more like pictorial representation representation?

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Kerbals can carry things, you just have to remove their jetpack and/or EVA chute to do it.

In previous versions, loading only the jetpack, with the power of it, the Kerbal took off from Mun's surface and could place it quietly on The Neil Amstrong Monument.
Since version 1.11 I can no longer do it. 

On 2/5/2021 at 4:58 PM, dprostock said:

In previous versions, loading only the jetpack, with the power of it, the Kerbal took off from Mun's surface

Those powerfull jetpacks were revoked due to safety reasons.

Now Kerbals have to excersice some jumpin for starter.

Edited by vv3k70r

5 hours ago, vv3k70r said:

Those powerfull jetpacks were revoked due to safety reasons.

Now Kerbals have to excersice some jumpin for starter.

What are those reasons? When I purchased the KSP I did it with an operation of the Jetpacks that were modified without any consultation and against the purchase of the product. I don't see it implying an improvement.

19 minutes ago, dprostock said:

What are those reasons?

Its a joke. Devs could not recreate proportion of thrust to changed weight of Kerbals and keep it reasonable. It was somehow fix value, now it is dynamic.

But if You do not longer deliver cars that can run for 3mkm without overhaul and selling sh... that hardly get to 60kkm without major malfunction You need to call some bs type safety or ecology to make it look reasonable.

When I purchased the KSP I did it with an operation of the Jetpacks that were modified without any consultation and against the purchase of the product.

Goverment take care of Your safety, because it is how the kindergarten (I do not know proper name for preschool education) works. So the beurocrats know better what You need and what is good for You. You cannot do without wise beurocrats that take care of Your jetpacks. You can harm Yourself :)

I don't see it implying an improvement.

Because there is none. All we can do is to make mod that will fix it in the way we like.

Be a good Kerbal and take a seat on the top of the booster :)

It is common in program development that You have a whole structure that should be usefull (like Kerbals carry stuff) and some of changes change behaviour of utility that is important for users. You cannot go back and cannot fix things so nobody would notice a diference. Complexity cause issues.

Edited by vv3k70r

[snip]

3 hours ago, vv3k70r said:

But if You do not longer deliver cars that can run for 3mkm without overhaul and selling sh... that hardly get to 60kkm without major malfunction You need to call some bs type safety or ecology to make it look reasonable.

For what quality standards, ITIL and OTRS contracting if in addition to developing the Atlas, is the competition with the Titan? You can always be more mediocre, someone else will achieve the goals.

Be a good Kerbal and take a seat on the top of the booster :)

The same thing they told Chaffee, White, Grisson, Vladimir, Gueorgui, Viktor and Vladislav...

It is common in program development that You have a whole structure that should be usefull (like Kerbals carry stuff) and some of changes change behaviour of utility that is important for users. You cannot go back and cannot fix things so nobody would notice a diference. Complexity cause issues.

"I'm sorry if you thought you were buying an Audi or a Ferrari, but the reality, which for reasons of limitation of engineers and their resources, from now on has a Ford T. Oh, and thank you for a while use a Porche or Jaguar, don't let it go! We could go further back!!!!"

Edited by Vanamonde

8 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

How did we get from EVA packs to politics? Some comments removed. 

Goverment take care of Your safety, because it is how the kindergarten (I do not know proper name for preschool education) works. So the beurocrats know better what You need and what is good for You. You cannot do without wise beurocrats that take care of Your jetpacks. You can harm Yourself :)

3 hours ago, dprostock said:

Mmmm..... 

Old Jeb would tell to his multiplanetary grandkerbals:

- When I was Young jetpacks were more powerfull, rockets faster, sky unknown. Not like this days.

What else You expect from such absurd topic? Devs changed few thing and this are results. If You do not like - edit it in files.

3 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

How did we get from EVA packs to politics? Some comments removed. 

I do not have any political opinion (I do not even know who is in power in my location). I'm just grumbling about results of devs divine power over poor Kerbals jetpacks. But I killed Jeb with jetpack on da Mun once before this implementation but not since.

10 minutes ago, vv3k70r said:

What else You expect from such absurd topic? Devs changed few thing and this are results. If You do not like - edit it in files.

I see it as a mistake, and I make it notice, I will not give it ALT F12( As I have already read as a solution of some team member for several of the problems that exist since time immemorial) or be modifying files.
And you may see it absurd, but for me and others it's a problem, so I don't see why I should be silent.

7 hours ago, dprostock said:

And you may see it absurd, but for me and others it's a problem, so I don't see why I should be silent.

It is one of many minor issues.

Game is riged. It is why we call it a game. I guess devs checked only if it is playable after changes, not if results/player experience would be exactly the same.

We can fix it on our own if we do not like the way devs did. It is like cursing gods for snow - just build a roof and burn fire. I do not thing if creator of the world cares much about our opinion about jetpacks as long it is playable and editable. I can live with those new jetpacks. Of course when Jeb was younger jetpacks were more powerfull, axes sharp, orcs bigger and so on. I do not see any reason to be silent if You are not happy, but reason we talk about it is to find a tools to change it up to our own desire "how jetpacks should work".

When jetpacks & chutes disapear after 1.11 I call devs a thieves stealing it from poor Kerbals in space. Now I rationalize it as "safety reason". Its a game, rationalize it for fun.

Personally, I don't feel like accepting mediocrity. Today the jetpacks, tomorrow another element, and so on.

In addition, asking for parameter modifications to the files is not for everyone, as I have not seen in the sales advertising of the product that programming knowledge was requested to be able to use it. 

There are those who celebrate even if the SNx crashes.

Sometimes I get the feeling that there are people who see the Vladimir Komarov mission as a success, the end, according to them, represents 20% of the objectives.

• 2 months later...

Kerbals should be able to carry at least 0.2 tons on kerbin at the cost of 1 ec/s, they have built in capacity of 120ec, and they recharge when they enter a pod with full charge/a very weak solar panel built in. They have a spacesuit, so I imagine they can have an exosuit underneath. If charge runs out, they are immobilized and have to deploy/drop items. They can pick them up later. Jetpack disabled but they jump very high(2m vs 1m). Maybe a boosted jetpack that is powerful enough to lift kerbals on kerbin should be there but only have 20 seconds of fuel, and require 2 eva fuel containers to refuel. They get a increased capacity so they can store the containers. Good for duna hopping or saving weight of a parchute(u can use fuel to deorbit and land.) Their eva lights should also take 0.1ec/s and impact tolerance reduced to 10m/s vertical upon which their helmet breaks, they die at 50m/s or if the atmosphere is unbreathable when the helmets breaks, but they can use eva pack(boosted) or parachute to land safely. No tumbling so easily, I imagine they have wheels on their shoes(Heelys) so they can slow to a stop without dying. Maybe make the brake key actually have a purpose when they are on eva, they will immediately stop the ragdolling when it it is pressed.

Edited by Single stage to ocean

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.