Jump to content

[1.8.x] Kertemis Program - SLS Block 1B Parts For reDIRECT(ver 1.1.1 "We choose to go to the Mun!")


rogerwang86
 Share

Recommended Posts

AKbVzEV.jpeg

Kertemis Program

27Wky6b.jpg1m9WV1i.jpgL2qj5DD.jpgd5eEygT.jpgTDgEUrH.jpgGOaPyqi.jpgAeFlKUj.jpg9qbcf9V.jpgBeptq1m.jpg

Warning! Orion's Crew Capability Down to 4 Kerbonauts. Please Check Your Save Before Download This Mod!

DOWNLOADS

Spacedock | Github

Dependencies:

Highly recommend:

*Note: This mod is designed for BDB's RL-10 engine, but still can work with reDIRECT's RL-10 engine.

Parts:

pQKi93O.png7QssOBu.png

Exploration Upper Stage tank and interstage.

LC1smJt.png

Universal Stage Adapter for crew mission and cargo mission. There are 4 size for Adapter: 3.125m,  2.5m, 1.875m and 1.25m.

New feature:

jmtRHhq.png

Orion spacecraft retexturing.

Y80RNM4.png

Block 2 "Discovery" booster.

I am not English speaker, but i will try my best. If there are any spelling or grammar mistake in this topic or mod, please point  it out. Appreciate! Enjoy this mod!

Edited by rogerwang86
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ollz said:

Does it specifically need BDB eg: it won’t work without it, or is it that BDB just provides a part because Redirect has an RL-10 equivalent engine?

Anyway, Great Mod, I was looking To Make an SLS Block 1B so thanks So much!

This mod's EUS tank is designed for BDB's RL-10 engine, but still can work fine with reDIRECT's RL-10 engine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, dave1904 said:

A bit of feedback. Maybe you should patch the Fairing on the DIRECT_Orion_FairingBase to remove the fairing module? Maybe its just me but I always prefer physical fairings like the nice ones you added.

I think that might causing error to craft saving. Beside, I didn't take over reDIRECT. It is still benjee's project. So I tend to "add" something like extra nodes, rather than "change" parts. But still a good advice. Maybe I will add that adapterpart  into mod in future. Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, rogerwang86 said:

I think that might causing error to craft saving. Beside, I didn't take over reDIRECT. It is still benjee's project. So I tend to "add" something like extra nodes, rather than "change" parts. But still a good advice. Maybe I will add that adapterpart  into mod in future. Thanks!

You might be right about the changing parts. It does not case issues with save games however because I already did it :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Hatattack said:

Are you planning on adding more parts? I was thinking the block 2 solid boosters would be nice to see :) If this mod is finished it's fine, just an idea.

I'll take this idea. But  there are not much details about this booster. I even don't know it will be a solid rocket or a liquid fuel rocket. So it will be a little more difficult than what I did before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, rogerwang86 said:

I'll take this idea. But  there are not much details about this booster. I even don't know it will be a solid rocket or a liquid fuel rocket. So it will be a little more difficult than what I did before.

From what I’ve heard, the booster casing is supposed to be a composite, so it’s 50-60% lighter (dry mass). It might also have 5-10s greater ISP. Maybe increased thrust too because it’s “next gen”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, rogerwang86 said:

BWGUmbG.png

WIP, block 2 booster.

Great work man! I'll asking if we could get segmented versions of that like the reDirect SRBs and the BDB UA120X, specifically one with similar length to Space Shuttle 4-seg SRBs, to add a fictional payload improvement on the SOCK shuttle. Also saw your past work on Shuttle-C, it's great. cheers man!

Edited by flamerboy67664
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh and one more thing may I suggest? Could the EUS have a 1x or 2x engine mount for us to simulate those EUS proposals that used either 1 or 2 J-2X engines? reDirect also provides a J-2X, so no need for a new engine just a new mount... cheers, man!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, flamerboy67664 said:

Great work man! I'll asking if we could get segmented versions of that like the reDirect SRBs and the BDB UA120X, specifically one with similar length to Space Shuttle 4-seg SRBs, to add a fictional payload improvement on the SOCK shuttle. Also saw your past work on Shuttle-C, it's great. cheers man!

It will be long term goal. For now, I still have trouble in module setting. So release this one booster as quick as possible will be the first goal. And about the shuttle-C mod, it is an early work. So it's very rough. But still very thankfully you like it. I think I will remake that mod and add heavy lift launch vehicle into it soon.

17 hours ago, Hatattack said:

WOW! That was quick :) The parts are looking great, are they going to have and isp and be lower weight like the boosters may be?

This is first time I work on engine. So still work on it.

17 hours ago, AeroSky said:

Nice! I assume the launchpad is from Modular Launch Pads? I love your profile picture by the way! Nice mix of Kerbal and Artemis!

Yes, Modular Launch Pads is a gorgeous mod. I can't play KSP without it. And thank you.

1 hour ago, flamerboy67664 said:

Oh and one more thing may I suggest? Could the EUS have a 1x or 2x engine mount for us to simulate those EUS proposals that used either 1 or 2 J-2X engines? reDirect also provides a J-2X, so no need for a new engine just a new mount... cheers, man!

Any detail about EUS with J-2x engine? Or you mean Ares V's upper stage? Ares V might need a brand new mod. Maybe, just maybe, I will make an Ares V mod in future.

Edited by rogerwang86
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...