[1.8.x] Kertemis Program - SLS Block 1B Parts For reDIRECT(ver 1.1.1 "We choose to go to the Mun!")

rogerwang86

AKbVzEV.jpeg

Kertemis Program

27Wky6b.jpg1m9WV1i.jpgL2qj5DD.jpgd5eEygT.jpgTDgEUrH.jpgGOaPyqi.jpgAeFlKUj.jpg9qbcf9V.jpgBeptq1m.jpg

Warning! Orion's Crew Capability Down to 4 Kerbonauts. Please Check Your Save Before Download This Mod!

DOWNLOADS

Spacedock | Github

Dependencies:

Highly recommend:

*Note: This mod is designed for BDB's RL-10 engine, but still can work with reDIRECT's RL-10 engine.

Parts:

pQKi93O.png7QssOBu.png

Exploration Upper Stage tank and interstage.

LC1smJt.png

Universal Stage Adapter for crew mission and cargo mission. There are 4 size for Adapter: 3.125m,  2.5m, 1.875m and 1.25m.

New feature:

jmtRHhq.png

Orion spacecraft retexturing.

Y80RNM4.png

Block 2 "Discovery" booster.

I am not English speaker, but i will try my best. If there are any spelling or grammar mistake in this topic or mod, please point  it out. Appreciate! Enjoy this mod!

Edited by rogerwang86

2 minutes ago, Ollz said:

Does it specifically need BDB eg: it won’t work without it, or is it that BDB just provides a part because Redirect has an RL-10 equivalent engine?

Anyway, Great Mod, I was looking To Make an SLS Block 1B so thanks So much!

This mod's EUS tank is designed for BDB's RL-10 engine, but still can work fine with reDIRECT's RL-10 engine.

3 hours ago, dave1904 said:

A bit of feedback. Maybe you should patch the Fairing on the DIRECT_Orion_FairingBase to remove the fairing module? Maybe its just me but I always prefer physical fairings like the nice ones you added.

I think that might causing error to craft saving. Beside, I didn't take over reDIRECT. It is still benjee's project. So I tend to "add" something like extra nodes, rather than "change" parts. But still a good advice. Maybe I will add that adapterpart  into mod in future. Thanks!

11 hours ago, rogerwang86 said:

I think that might causing error to craft saving. Beside, I didn't take over reDIRECT. It is still benjee's project. So I tend to "add" something like extra nodes, rather than "change" parts. But still a good advice. Maybe I will add that adapterpart  into mod in future. Thanks!

You might be right about the changing parts. It does not case issues with save games however because I already did it :) 

12 hours ago, Hatattack said:

Are you planning on adding more parts? I was thinking the block 2 solid boosters would be nice to see :) If this mod is finished it's fine, just an idea.

I'll take this idea. But  there are not much details about this booster. I even don't know it will be a solid rocket or a liquid fuel rocket. So it will be a little more difficult than what I did before.

39 minutes ago, rogerwang86 said:

I'll take this idea. But  there are not much details about this booster. I even don't know it will be a solid rocket or a liquid fuel rocket. So it will be a little more difficult than what I did before.

From what I’ve heard, the booster casing is supposed to be a composite, so it’s 50-60% lighter (dry mass). It might also have 5-10s greater ISP. Maybe increased thrust too because it’s “next gen”

8 hours ago, rogerwang86 said:

BWGUmbG.png

WIP, block 2 booster.

Great work man! I'll asking if we could get segmented versions of that like the reDirect SRBs and the BDB UA120X, specifically one with similar length to Space Shuttle 4-seg SRBs, to add a fictional payload improvement on the SOCK shuttle. Also saw your past work on Shuttle-C, it's great. cheers man!

Edited by flamerboy67664

23 hours ago, flamerboy67664 said:

Great work man! I'll asking if we could get segmented versions of that like the reDirect SRBs and the BDB UA120X, specifically one with similar length to Space Shuttle 4-seg SRBs, to add a fictional payload improvement on the SOCK shuttle. Also saw your past work on Shuttle-C, it's great. cheers man!

It will be long term goal. For now, I still have trouble in module setting. So release this one booster as quick as possible will be the first goal. And about the shuttle-C mod, it is an early work. So it's very rough. But still very thankfully you like it. I think I will remake that mod and add heavy lift launch vehicle into it soon.

17 hours ago, Hatattack said:

WOW! That was quick :) The parts are looking great, are they going to have and isp and be lower weight like the boosters may be?

This is first time I work on engine. So still work on it.

17 hours ago, AeroSky said:

Nice! I assume the launchpad is from Modular Launch Pads? I love your profile picture by the way! Nice mix of Kerbal and Artemis!

Yes, Modular Launch Pads is a gorgeous mod. I can't play KSP without it. And thank you.

1 hour ago, flamerboy67664 said:

Oh and one more thing may I suggest? Could the EUS have a 1x or 2x engine mount for us to simulate those EUS proposals that used either 1 or 2 J-2X engines? reDirect also provides a J-2X, so no need for a new engine just a new mount... cheers, man!

Any detail about EUS with J-2x engine? Or you mean Ares V's upper stage? Ares V might need a brand new mod. Maybe, just maybe, I will make an Ares V mod in future.

Edited by rogerwang86

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.