[1.8.x] Kertemis Program - SLS Block 1B Parts For reDIRECT(ver 1.1.1 "We choose to go to the Mun!")

rogerwang86

3 hours ago, rogerwang86 said:

Any detail about EUS with J-2x engine? Or you mean Ares V's upper stage? Ares V might need a brand new mod. Maybe, just maybe, I will make an Ares V mod in future.

There was talk back in 2014 that NASA will use J-2X on the EUS before they settled on using quad RL10s in 2016. Would be nice to have that kind of flexibility with an x1/x2 engine mount for the current EUS model using the reDirect J-2X. thanks!

Edited by flamerboy67664

On 1/20/2021 at 6:35 AM, rogerwang86 said:

AKbVzEV.jpeg

Kertemis Program

27Wky6b.jpg1m9WV1i.jpgd5eEygT.jpgTDgEUrH.jpg

DOWNLOADS

Spacedock | Github

Dependencies:

Highly recommend:

*Note: This mod is designed for BDB's RL-10 engine, but still can work with reDIRECT's RL-10 engine.

Parts:

pQKi93O.png7QssOBu.png

Exploration Upper Stage tank and interstage.

LC1smJt.png

Universal Stage Adapter for crew mission and cargo mission. There are 4 size for Adapter: 3.125m,  2.5m, 1.875m and 1.25m.

I am not English speaker, but i will try my best. If there are any spelling or grammar mistake in this topic or mod, please point  it out. Appreciate! Enjoy this mod!

Cool mod! Any craft files available for examples?

On 1/26/2021 at 2:08 PM, flamerboy67664 said:

There was talk back in 2014 that NASA will use J-2X on the EUS before they settled on using quad RL10s in 2016. Would be nice to have that kind of flexibility with an x1/x2 engine mount for the current EUS model using the reDirect J-2X. thanks!

I am considering add white paint and ares v upper stage look-like appearance, so it will have 1 and 2 J-2x engine mounts at that time. But it won't come up at next major update.

On 1/28/2021 at 2:41 AM, Cloakedwand72 said:

Cool mod! Any craft files available for examples?

It will be next update.

17 hours ago, rogerwang86 said:

I am considering add white paint and ares v upper stage look-like appearance, so it will have 1 and 2 J-2x engine mounts at that time. But it won't come up at next major update.

It will be next update.

Cool thanks! Oh btw will you eventually add in the National team & dynetics lander also? 

Don't download version 1.1.0! The patch file was malfunction.

2 hours ago, Starhelperdude said:

Orion remodel? nice!

do you have future plans for more stuff?

I will add some other orion parts that appear in constellation program. Like circular solar panel, RCS thrusters, 3.125m SM, antenna, etc.

2 hours ago, computercat04 said:

Isn't that already in Redirect?

New texture, added parachute,  capsule RCS thrusters, IVA,.

15 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

@rogerwang86This pack is awesome.

Is it possible to make a longer adapter for the ICPS (5m to 3.125m)? The one from redirect is a little bit too short. A RL10B2 clips into the tank under the adapter.

Aye aye captain!

I have seen an concept of launching an capsule (most likley orion) on an shuttle-c like rocket, through the proposal wasn't named shuttle C, it had a different name.

Are you the maintainer of the shuttle-c mod? If yes, could we get a nosecone with an adapter for orion for it? we could then launch orions from practically space shuttles, so STS and STS-C-only Lunar missions would be possible

17 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

I have seen an concept of launching an capsule (most likley orion) on an shuttle-c like rocket, through the proposal wasn't named shuttle C, it had a different name.

Are you the maintainer of the shuttle-c mod? If yes, could we get a nosecone with an adapter for orion for it? we could then launch orions from practically space shuttles, so STS and STS-C-only Lunar missions would be possible

You mean this?

https://www.nasa.gov/pdf/361842main_15 - Augustine Sidemount Final.pdf

13 hours ago, Starhelperdude said:

auMVlRT.png

You mean this?  I need to take a break...

13 hours ago, dave1904 said:

Why reduce the crew capacity? 

Artemis program's orion carry only 4 crews. But if you still want or need 6 crews orion. Go to File: KertemisProgram/Patches/reDIRECT_Patch.cfg. And delete this line"%CrewCapacity = 4".  6 crew orion will come back.

1 hour ago, rogerwang86 said:

Artemis program's orion carry only 4 crews. But if you still want or need 6 crews orion. Go to File: KertemisProgram/Patches/reDIRECT_Patch.cfg. And delete this line"%CrewCapacity = 4".  6 crew orion will come back.

Its ok. I use shadoworks IVA for redirects orion anyway because of the rasterprop ui. Its outdated but works. I would really recommend you change the crew capacity to 6 especially if you are going to put more work into the IVA. Maybe make a 4 seat version with more supplies(TAC etc..) capacity and a 6  seater for short missions. I am just thinking out loud here. Ofcourse this is your mod/time and you can do what you want. Other than thanks for these parts. They are so nice!!!! 

1 hour ago, rogerwang86 said:

I need to take a break...

You do not need to say this. Do whatever you want to do. 

Edited by dave1904

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.