What do you all do IRL?

MaximilianIV

19 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Fact is, I suspect  many or most engineers are artists at heart who are good at math. 

Half the marching band at my school are engineers. I had done plenty of ensemble music in high school, so I chose to go solo with my music and join some other types of groups instead.

23 minutes ago, cubinator said:

Half the marching band at my school are engineers. I had done plenty of ensemble music in high school, so I chose to go solo with my music and join some other types of groups instead.

Before my TBI, I was planning to go back to the university once I completed my military contract and do a dual major: music theory and composition and Aeronautical Engineering. That was the plan. But after the TBI, I lost most of my math ability. I can still do music but it's a struggle to regain my piano playing ability. I won't even discuss the loss of higher math ability I now have. But as they say, c'est la vie. :rolleyes:

Last year of school, so I'm not doing much. I do want to study math and informatics/computer science, though.

I couldn't offer much else as well, frankly. Not to imply I don't enjoy these subjects but they are the only three (+ physics) I get 14/15 points in on exams, everything else is in the single digits.

Edited by Delay

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.