Have you recreated iconic real life missions in KSP?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter, Mercury-Redstone, Mercury-Atlas, Surveyor, Vostok, Vanguard TV-3 (Thanks BARIS, it was an almost perfect replica including engine failure after approx. 1 second in flight), Explorer 1, Sputnik 1, Aggregat-Corporal aka Bumper, 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2021 at 12:01 AM, JB182 said:

any 2nd attempt? would like to see it!

I did a second attempt, and I ended up not attaching the MEM correctly on the ship so I couldn't dock to it, so that mission failed too (This all happened in orbit around Kerbin)I will try to post that soon. I will try again when I get KSP working again. 

At least I am switching over to a different computer, and all I care about transferring is my craft files (I almost never use career mode, but I probably should)

Really, the only thing preventing me from playing KSP is that I still need to download KSP onto the new (Not exactly new, but new to me), and I have slow internet. Once I get KSP onto the computer I just need to take my flashdrive and transfer the craft.

3 hours ago, Ben J. Kerman said:

At least I am switching over to a different computer, and all I care about transferring is my craft files (I almost never use career mode, but I probably should)

Really, the only thing preventing me from playing KSP is that I still need to download KSP onto the new (Not exactly new, but new to me), and I have slow internet. Once I get KSP onto the computer I just need to take my flashdrive and transfer the craft.

That doesn't sound nice, but there should be other solutions than switching computers, right? And for real, why are you going retrograde orbit? You're doing it kind of wrong, it should be prograde. Anyway nice try, very good Sarnus V. I appreciate this build. I also think that you couldn't live without the Modular Launchpad, because it has a crane on top of it :D. On the second attempt, please head east!

1 minute ago, Ben J. Kerman said:

I was already planning on switching computers before this problem.

Oh, not good. I'm curious, what happened to your computer that you want to switch? Other than that, are you sitting on the forums the whole day :D?  Also, sounds like, you can't live without robotics on KSP.

I just haven't gotten KSP onto the other computer yet. Yes, I have been playing with my Legos and on the forums. Other day I go fishing, draw/design, and other normal human activities. As soon as I download KSP onto the one I am switching over to, I will transfer my craft and start playing. Really, the only reason I am switching is because the one I am currently using is technically Mom's, and she needs to use it, so I am switching over to a computer that was decided to be just mine. 

What happened in order is this :

Uses computer 1, works fine

Decides to switch over to computer 2

Doesn't download KSP onto computer 2 because of slow internet

Has problem with KSP on computer 1

Asks for help on forum

Decides that since I am switching anyway, just transfer my craft to a fresh KSP on computer 2 instead of getting KSP on computer 1 working, than immediately switching to computer 2.

WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN FUTURE:

Downloads KSP onto computer 2

Transfers craft from computer 1 to computer 2

Transfers all my other files to computer 2 (My videos, pictures, etc.)

Uses computer 2 as normal

The end.

I know some of the past/present tense and some other grammar isn't correct, but I am tired.

2 hours ago, Ben J. Kerman said:

I just haven't gotten KSP onto the other computer yet. Yes, I have been playing with my Legos and on the forums. Other day I go fishing, draw/design, and other normal human activities. As soon as I download KSP onto the one I am switching over to, I will transfer my craft and start playing. Really, the only reason I am switching is because the one I am currently using is technically Mom's, and she needs to use it, so I am switching over to a computer that was decided to be just mine. 

What happened in order is this :

Uses computer 1, works fine

Decides to switch over to computer 2

Doesn't download KSP onto computer 2 because of slow internet

Has problem with KSP on computer 1

Asks for help on forum

Decides that since I am switching anyway, just transfer my craft to a fresh KSP on computer 2 instead of getting KSP on computer 1 working, than immediately switching to computer 2.

WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN FUTURE:

Downloads KSP onto computer 2

Transfers craft from computer 1 to computer 2

Transfers all my other files to computer 2 (My videos, pictures, etc.)

Uses computer 2 as normal

The end.

I know some of the past/present tense and some other grammar isn't correct, but I am tired.

That's a huge list of actions, but in fact I understand that it's not really much, as you just basically overdetailed it. Nice. Can't wait for part 2. If it's even gonna be uploaded

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.