Saved Game not showing in File Explorer

Hi

So I have a problem. I want to copy some of my crafts from one save to another. However, I can't seem to find the save in File Explorer. The save shows up in the game itself, but not in file explorer. Same thing with "parts", there is nothing in it, but all the parts show up in the game. There are only 3 things right now in the "save" directory in KSP_win64, which are default, training, and scenarios. Any idea where to find your saved games in File Explorer?

edit: I DON'T have the steam version; I have the version from the KSP website.

Thanks

Edited by User_1234

3 hours ago, User_1234 said:

There are only 3 things right now in the "save" directory in KSP_win64, which are default, training, and scenarios

If you named your game "default", that's the folder they're in. In there, you should find another folder called "Ships", with "SPH" and "VAB" inside. That's where the .craft files from the editor go.

Transplanting ships that are already in orbit is more complicated. You'd need to excise them from the persistent.sfs and put them into the new game and even then there are some quirks. I've never done that myself.

As far as I know the KSP file structure is the same regardless of where you got it from. Inside the KSP root directory there’s a folder called saves, and you’ll find folders inside that for each save game you make as well as training, missions and scenarios; the save files are inside the save folder they belong to e.g. all the saves for the ‘default’ game will be in KSP/saves/default.

One way to hunt them down would be to create a save with a unique name e.g. find-this-file-please, then do a search for that file name to locate it.

Some of the folders in the KSP file structure are no longer used, but to maintain compatibility for older versions they’re still there. You’ll find all the stock parts in GameData/Squad and if you have the DLCs their parts are in GameData/SquadExpansion/MakingHistory or Serenity (Breaking Ground).

Edited by jimmymcgoochie

2 hours ago, User_1234 said:

As I said, I do not see all my saves in the saves folder. That is the entire point i asked this question-

Then you must be looking at the wrong place.

Use search/find to see if you have more than one install, and then start the game by explicitly clicking on the exe.

That way you must be at the correct place,

ps.

Btw, which operating system?

On 1/22/2021 at 3:49 PM, User_1234 said:

Hi

So I have a problem. I want to copy some of my crafts from one save to another. However, I can't seem to find the save in File Explorer. The save shows up in the game itself, but not in file explorer. Same thing with "parts", there is nothing in it, but all the parts show up in the game. There are only 3 things right now in the "save" directory in KSP_win64, which are default, training, and scenarios. Any idea where to find your saved games in File Explorer?

edit: I DON'T have the steam version; I have the version from the KSP website.

Thanks

Non-steam eh?

You want to copy craft from one save to another, but you can't find the save file in explorer?

The wiki says

The manual installation is distributed in a zip archive. Depending on the operating system there is either KSP-win, KSP_linux or KSP-osx which contains the root directory of KSP. When this directory is extracted it can be placed anywhere, so this tutorial can't tell where to exactly find it.

So that means "the root directory will be wherever you installed it". 

The saves folder should be inside that directory (saves). Your save games will be inside that folder, and your .craft files will be in SPH/VAB folders inside there.

Which part of that is missing?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.