Trying to get rid of weird lines in flight

One day I was just playing KSP, and out of the blue, these weird lines appeared that link parts of vehicles together like spider webs. I do not know how this happened but I am guessing its because of a mod.  Here is a screenshot of them.

srEZbAU.png

If anyone knows how to fix this, please help.

Edited by OPBlue

First things first: Standard procedure around here is to link to a KSP.log file (hosted on another site of course, we don't want walls of text) so that we can check, and steps to reproduce the issue.

Anyways, moving on. I think I've seen this bug before in another game, but I don't remember exactly what. I think it has something to do with the unity engines and a bug in the shaders.

11 minutes ago, Misguided Kerbal said:

First things first: Standard procedure around here is to link to a KSP.log file (hosted on another site of course, we don't want walls of text) so that we can check, and steps to reproduce the issue.

Anyways, moving on. I think I've seen this bug before in another game, but I don't remember exactly what. I think it has something to do with the unity engines and a bug in the shaders.

I do not think this is a bug because it stays on every time I launch KSP. I'd think a bug would reset if you restart the game, Ill go see if I can get that log if it will help.

Does it affect only the save game you’re using or anything at all e.g. missions/training or a brand new sandbox?

I see nothing untoward in the logs from a quick scroll through. You might have to do this the old-fashioned way:

1. Make a copy of the affected KSP instance and keep it somewhere safe.
  2. Remove half of the mods in the original copy and see if the issue persists. If it does, remove half again and repeat until you narrow down the list of suspects; if it doesn’t, you’ve removed it and have still reduced your list of suspects, so u install the half that aren’t it and reinstall the first half, then carry on as above.
  3. Once you have a shortlist, put just those mods into an otherwise stock copy of the same version of KSP and see if you can replicate the issue there, and if so exactly what mod(s) you need to cause it.

8 hours ago, OPBlue said:

Here is the log.

TL;DR: Your install has some serious problems. It actually loaded and worked until recently, you say? That is amazing in itself :)

First, you should remove all the old versions of ModuleManager and install the current version 4.1.4. Those are going to cause some problems.

ModuleManager.2.8.0 v2.8.0.0
ModuleManager.2.8.1 v2.8.1.0
ModuleManager v3.1.2.0
ModuleManager v4.0.2.0
ModuleManager v4.0.3.0

There are also multiple versions of MiniAVC which can cause strange problems, too. Remove them or install ZeroMiniAVC.
Another odd thing is that you have a "GameData" directory within your GameData directory. That is a hint that some mod was not installed correctly.
Errors loading statics from KerbinSide.
Textures in OSSNTR not found. The name suggests "statics", so together with the Kerbinside problems, your KSC will be seriously messed up for sure. Some problems with TundraSpaceCenter, too, but those might even be harmless in comparison.
Textures in OldFARFairings not found (you'd need to adjust the part configs when renaming directories).
Exceptions loading several mods. That could be a result of the old ModuleManagers or MiniAVC, though. Likewise FASA not initializing correctly.

And that's where the preview from Google Drive ends...

Edited by HansAcker

6 hours ago, HansAcker said:

TL;DR: Your install has some serious problems. It actually loaded and worked until recently, you say? That is amazing in itself :)

First, you should remove all the old versions of ModuleManager and install the current version 4.1.4. Those are going to cause some problems.

ModuleManager.2.8.0 v2.8.0.0
ModuleManager.2.8.1 v2.8.1.0
ModuleManager v3.1.2.0
ModuleManager v4.0.2.0
ModuleManager v4.0.3.0

There are also multiple versions of MiniAVC which can cause strange problems, too. Remove them or install ZeroMiniAVC.
Another odd thing is that you have a "GameData" directory within your GameData directory. That is a hint that some mod was not installed correctly.
Errors loading statics from KerbinSide.
Textures in OSSNTR not found. The name suggests "statics", so together with the Kerbinside problems, your KSC will be seriously messed up for sure. Some problems with TundraSpaceCenter, too, but those might even be harmless in comparison.
Textures in OldFARFairings not found (you'd need to adjust the part configs when renaming directories).
Exceptions loading several mods. That could be a result of the old ModuleManagers or MiniAVC, though. Likewise FASA not initializing correctly.

And that's where the preview from Google Drive ends...

Seems like I have a bit of work ahead of me to clear that up. I'll get on that when I can because that may help.

11 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

Does it affect only the save game you’re using or anything at all e.g. missions/training or a brand new sandbox?

I see nothing untoward in the logs from a quick scroll through. You might have to do this the old-fashioned way:

1. Make a copy of the affected KSP instance and keep it somewhere safe.
  2. Remove half of the mods in the original copy and see if the issue persists. If it does, remove half again and repeat until you narrow down the list of suspects; if it doesn’t, you’ve removed it and have still reduced your list of suspects, so u install the half that aren’t it and reinstall the first half, then carry on as above.
  3. Once you have a shortlist, put just those mods into an otherwise stock copy of the same version of KSP and see if you can replicate the issue there, and if so exactly what mod(s) you need to cause it.

Ok, thanks, I'll see if that works when I have the time.

I found the issue. Kerbal Joint Reinforcement has this feature where it shows you the links between parts which were the lines, and some how I turned those on by accident not knowing. Thanks for trying to help!

Case Closed lol.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.