Part error in VAB

To get to the point: I have KSP on my PC and laptop. On my pc there are mods, although the only part mod i have is the orion nuke engine mod. When I try to load my interplanetary rocket, which is derived from my Duna rocket i get this message; "Vessel Duna-III is missing part SPO.SmallLFO." If i try to load it anyway, the game says the part is missing. I have already validated the game files twice. The first time it had to fix two files, but the second time it had to fix thirty-two files. I really don't know what to do, and i am hoping i can get an answer before i have to go back home. Any and all help would be appreciated.

It means that the parts from Stockish Project Orion were not loaded correctly. Can you provide a log file maybe (upload it somewhere or on pastebin, then copy the link to it here. The forum doesn't work well wih long logs in a post).

SPO doesn't appear to have any dependencies, so maybe there was an error installing it? Did you use CKAN or install it manually ? The ZIP file from SpaceDock can't be directly unpacked into GameData. The files within "Orion-1.8.2/GameData/" need to be copied over to the KSP GameData directory.

In any case, it is usually best to ask in the mod thread:

In case you're wondering where to find the log file: It's the KSP.log in the KSP directory. More information is given here:

Edited by HansAcker

On 1/24/2021 at 6:06 PM, Spaghettioli said:

To get to the point: I have KSP on my PC and laptop. On my pc there are mods, although the only part mod i have is the orion nuke engine mod. When I try to load my interplanetary rocket, which is derived from my Duna rocket i get this message; "Vessel Duna-III is missing part SPO.SmallLFO." If i try to load it anyway, the game says the part is missing. I have already validated the game files twice. The first time it had to fix two files, but the second time it had to fix thirty-two files. I really don't know what to do, and i am hoping i can get an answer before i have to go back home. Any and all help would be appreciated.

As HansAcker has pointed out: the part "SPO.SmallLFO" is missing from your game now, for whatever reason.

This could be that the part or mod was removed, or the mod was updated and part removed, or the part was renamed to something else - the result is the same. The craft that you built, using that part, now has a missing part. That's what the game's telling you with that error. 

If you load the craft while the part is missing, unexpected things may happen - it will likely delete the craft  try to load the craft with that part missing. If it's an edge piece you might be fine. It could explosively deconstruct itself. Your game may crash. Generally, it's not a good idea to load it anyway. 

Edited by Kielm
Thanks for clarifying HansAcker

5 hours ago, Kielm said:

If you load the craft while the part is missing, unexpected things may happen - it will try to load the craft with that part missing.

Careful with that, though. Vessels that were already "in flight" will just be removed and their crew killed/missing.

Spoiler

N1WGnkD.jpg

puAwgq3.jpg

ZMseFlt.jpg

(The things Jeb does in the name of research... :) At least he proved that SPO.SmallLFO is a valid part in the current version of the mod on CKAN)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.