Pink squares constantly appearing on my planes

Might need...

• KSP Version
  • Mod list (or better, a screenshot of your gamedata folder)
  • screenshot of the issue, perhaps?
  • Log file

You are correct in that this is/was an issue with planetshine, but I see it has also popped up in some KSP 1.8 threads, hence asking for your KSP version. 

If it occurs without planetshine, then the only thing left is EVE. We could try looking at your logfile or you could post there, up to you!

8 hours ago, Kielm said:

Might need...

• KSP Version
  • Mod list (or better, a screenshot of your gamedata folder)
  • screenshot of the issue, perhaps?
  • Log file

You are correct in that this is/was an issue with planetshine, but I see it has also popped up in some KSP 1.8 threads, hence asking for your KSP version. 

If it occurs without planetshine, then the only thing left is EVE. We could try looking at your logfile or you could post there, up to you!

- Latest version of KSP (whatever it is)
- Images of my Gamedata folder: https://imgur.com/a/Oqngl2v
- Log file?
- The issue's quite simple: pink squares appearing primarily at the center of my planes' cockpits. They stay in one place and vanish before seemingly respawning at the cockpit (there's never more than one).

Log file, on my machine it's at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP.log"

Without seeing a screenshot of the issue or the log file, it sounds like it could be missing cockpit or IVA textures, or possible missing flag textures.

I believe stock visual enhancements hasn't been updated to 1.11 (it's still on KSP 1.6.1?) so that could be the cause. The log file would normally tell you if a texture was missing. 

32 minutes ago, Kielm said:

Log file, on my machine it's at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP.log"

Without seeing a screenshot of the issue or the log file, it sounds like it could be missing cockpit or IVA textures, or possible missing flag textures.

I believe stock visual enhancements hasn't been updated to 1.11 (it's still on KSP 1.6.1?) so that could be the cause. The log file would normally tell you if a texture was missing. 

I've found my KSP log file, but how do I paste it into a message, or give you access to it in any other way?

Extra note: for some reason, my landing gears' lights are always on. I can't turn them off, for some reason.

5 minutes ago, Pie Guy said:

I've found my KSP log file, but how do I paste it into a message, or give you access to it in any other way?

Extra note: for some reason, my landing gears' lights are always on. I can't turn them off, for some reason.

Don't paste it here. Upload it to a file sharing service of your choice (e.g. google drive) and post a publicly accessible link to it here. Alternatively you can have a look through it for Exceptions and missing textures yourself :)

Edited by Kielm

Just now, Kielm said:

Don't paste it here. Upload it to a file sharing service of your choice (e.g. google drive) and post a publicly accessible link to it here. Alternatively you can have a look through it for Exceptions and missing textures yourself :)

Alright!
Also, I got an image of the pink box menace attacking one of my airliners on the runway: https://imgur.com/a/mquDsC0

So, I was just about to paste the text file into my google drive, but, uh I think I may have found the culprit...

[ERR 17:39:50.864] RenderTexture.Create failed: width & height must be larger than 0

[ERR 17:39:50.864] RenderTexture.Create failed: width & height must be larger than 0

[ERR 17:39:50.886] RenderTexture.Create failed: width & height must be larger than 0

[ERR 17:39:50.886] RenderTexture.Create failed: width & height must be larger than 0

[ERR 17:39:50.887] RenderTexture.Create failed: width & height must be larger than 0

[ERR 17:39:50.887] RenderTexture.Create failed: width & height must be larger than 0

This line. This one line, repeated hundreds, maybe thousands of times throughout the whole log file. I assume it's what's messing with my game?

Spoiler
15 minutes ago, Pie Guy said:

Alright!
Also, I got an image of the pink box menace attacking one of my airliners on the runway: https://imgur.com/a/mquDsC0

So, I was just about to paste the text file into my google drive, but, uh I think I may have found the culprit...

This line. This one line, repeated hundreds, maybe thousands of times throughout the whole log file. I assume it's what's messing with my game?

Yeah, that'll do it. 

Based on the following threads I'd say it's an issue with one or more of the shadow/lighting mods - start with anything affecting terrain shadows. SVE to start with (that's very outdated), then maybe ask around Planetshine / EVE.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.