Different Science from Certain Circumstances

Dr. Kerbal

The problem with science is KSP is that they science report will always be in the same weather the experiment is being blasters by rocket exhaust or heating in the atmosphere. Like why doesn’t a Kerbal EVA report is still the same weather that Kerbal is being blasted by rocket exhaust? Since KSP2 seems will have weather (I’m not sure and I could be totally wrong and incorrect) I’m hoping EVA reports and science experiments will be different. Because it does not make sense when the Mystery Goo is being blasted by Nerv Atomic Rocket exhaust and it the same as not being blasted by exhaust. So I’m hopping the report will be different depending on circumstances. Here I have listed the examples below.

Kerbal on EVA (Kerbin) while NOT being blasted by exhaust: I don’t think a spacesuit was nessecary for getting here.

Kerbal on EVA (Kerbin) while BEING blasted by exhaust: I is very hot and is something burning?

As you may see I want to see that science, crew, and EVA reports are different depending on a circumstance. I think this would, be really fun and interesting. It would add some randomness and seeming to look l8e the game knows what the player is doing. Connection to player a bit more, maybe (I really don’t know). Depending also on the circumstance the science points would probably vary.  I will list some more examples for more reference below:

Thermometer in Deep Space (NOT touching anything hot): It it very cold and chilly here. Any heat is from the rocket.

Thermometer in Deep Space (BEING EXPOSED TO ROCKET EXHIST): It is very hot in the rocket exhaust and it barely noticing the coldness of space.

Earthquake Detecter (STILL and on Mun (Landed)): There a little Mun quake!!!

Earthquake Detecter (Knocked over and bouncing on surface of Mun): All we can detect is the experiment bouncing! This isn’t an earthquake!

Surface Sample (Not blasted by rocket exhaust)(Minmus): It looks edible. Just like mint ice cream.

Surface Sample (Being blasted by rocket exhaust)(Minmus): It is a little black. It was burnt by the exhaust. I definitely would not eat it.

These are three examples I have listed (above if you did not notice). I really hope the developers of Kerbal Space Program 2add this little feature in. I personally think it makes the game more interesting and it a sense that the player can feel like what the player is doing. A little connection (I really don’t know, I’m not a doctor who monitors behavior of people). I really hope they add this feature in KSP2 but if they don’t that’s fine.

- Dr. Kerbal

Edited by Dr. Kerbal
Sorry for any mis spelling. Please pardon me for that.

Flavour text us nice but ... well, how often do you even read those texts after you’ve seen them once? I’m hoping for altogether overhauled science, something richer and more engaging than just a form of currency to buy tech.

4 hours ago, Brikoleur said:

I’m hoping for altogether overhauled science, something richer and more engaging than just a form of currency to buy tech.

I was about to say that. There's no point in suggesting improvements to science if we don't know how the science system is going to work. That could go into ksp1 suggestions.

Im not normally a grammar pedant but wow that OP is hard to read, just saying..

What is this even saying/asking?

On 1/25/2021 at 4:24 PM, Dr. Kerbal said:

Like why doesn’t a Kerbal EVA report is still the same weather that Kerbal is being blasted by rocket exhaust?

Also,

On 1/25/2021 at 4:24 PM, Dr. Kerbal said:

Since KSP2 seems will have weather

I don't believe this is correct

Anyway, a lot of your statements seem to be based on taking measurements while blasting the experiment with rocket exhaust (Does this happen for you frequently? My experiments and the rest of the rocket are typically in front of the engine) and getting a false reading for the experiment. 

Edited by mcwaffles2003