When will the next Show and Tell video be for KSP2?

Dr. Kerbal

Wanna see the Show and Tell video?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. When will the Dev video come? Will it ever?

• No, it will likely come
    • Yes, it will likely come
    • No, it likely won’t come
    • Yes, but it likely won’t come.

26 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

I don't really care, there isn't a worse way to retain the few drops of hype some of the people here still have.

I agree, the devs told people about the game way too early and the best thing for them to do is to shut their mouths

5 minutes ago, SpaceFace545 said:
33 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

I don't really care, there isn't a worse way to retain the few drops of hype some of the people here still have.

I agree, the devs told people about the game way too early and the best thing for them to do is to shut their mouths

...or maybe they could release the game and follow KSP 1's public development model? Rather than some corporate cinematics, spliced with a bit of gameplay and a few narrators telling us one paragraph of information in 6?

21 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

...or maybe they could release the game and follow KSP 1's public development model? Rather than some corporate cinematics, spliced with a bit of gameplay and a few narrators telling us one paragraph of information in 6?

yeah but its big box so sadly their model is to develop for ages then release and forget. But I don't even understand the hype, the dev videos are just them telling us how they make sure to be creative, not even a lick of gameplay.

On 1/27/2021 at 4:21 PM, Bej Kerman said:

..or maybe they could release the game and follow KSP 1's public development model?

This is not a new game, they have 8 years of input from the community and players data to work with and they're not some garage indie dev, they have all the means to afford some actual playtesting during development.

All the community would do is react with a disproportionate outrage at every little change from KSP1 formula.  

It's unfortunate that excrements happened and the game got delayed, but I think that forgoing hype and going for a reveal 6 months prior to release was a good idea and, as much as I love speculating over potential features, it's probably good to tone things down and let the hype die for some months and then come back with reveals and content in the last months before release.

39 minutes ago, starcaptain said:

gumSIq7.png

I calculated that the average time between videos is 43 days.  By this average, the next video could be extrapolated to be released on February 2nd.

You counted the days taking into account the news about the change of studio and the delay in the release of the game. Therefore, the videos should be released either less frequently, or you can wait for news of another studio change or delay.