Jump to content

Lets chat about new parts, new planets, and new fechures, and multilplyer!


Recommended Posts

On 1/30/2021 at 2:57 PM, Blaf said:

LAN master race!

I have plans for multiple races to celestial bodies with some friends on a lan. But the game has been delayed for so long that i fear that we won't be in touch anymore at this point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, wpetula said:

I'm more concerned about the planets and moons than I am about parts and part limits. KSP 1 has celestial bodies that look cool from space but are extremely boring on the surface. With KSP 2, I hope the landscapes are much more complex and interesting (thinking along the lines of No Man's Sky). 

From some screenshots, it actually looks like they are experimenting with Horizon Zero Dawn approach to procedural vegetation. It doesn't actually make the terrain more interesting, but it makes it more interesting looking, which is a start. Of course, for planets without any kind of vegetation, all it helps you with is placement of rocks and craters, but that's better than nothing.

The problem with NMS approach is that you can make 90% of your terrain look pretty cool, but the remaining 10% will be hot garbage. And the more varied you try to make majority of your generated terrain to be, the more outlandish the outliers. There are some more modern approaches to procedural terrain generation that use neural nets, but it's very green tech. I don't know if I'd recommend it for production. Then again, if there's a game out there that it'd be a fit for it's KSP. You also have advantage that you don't need true procedural planets in the sense that they'll be generated for the first time before a player sees them. You can do a fly-over and make sure nothing particularly egregious got generated, and even fix some of the problems by hand. And that should address most of the larger features, but you can still end up with a few locations that will look like the game glitched out, so it's a risk.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2021 at 7:18 PM, Kernel Kraken said:

I kind of want to foot the bill for an unlimited internet plan and start running a 24/7 persistent anarchy server. Imagine how much fun it would be to have absolutely no limits but the your creativity and the foulness of the other players!

The oldest anarchy server in KSP . . .

In all seriousness this would be so cool.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2021 at 5:54 AM, Bej Kerman said:

Disable fairing staging

Yeah, but eventually they have to end in a point or go back to 3.5 meter pieces. They are a really cool part for nose cones and such, though.

On 2/11/2021 at 11:22 AM, Mikenike said:

as a joke.

>:(

Link to post
Share on other sites

New parts? Well. I do look forward to doing those things but when KSP2 comes I’m going to plant a flag on the Mun. A small step for a Kerbal, a giant leap for Kerbalkind. Kinda historic moment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nekokamiguru said:

One feature I hope they have is an autopilot similar to mechjeb as part of the base game.

I would almost prefer something like KOS that you can get scripts for from Workshop and have that handle tasks you'd normally do with MechJeb.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...