Threads of the month: February 2021

adsii1970

The KSP forum moderator's team presents the
Threads of the Month
February 2021 edition

Hp2N7c2.png?1

Greetings, fellow forum members,

As you can see, I've decided to do this month's thread of the month. Normally, I run from such things because I am more of a background kind of guy. But for some reason, I felt like volunteering to do this. Maybe it is caused by the never-ending and no end in sight lock downs, the ever growing stack of junk to grade already this semester. Maybe it's a combination of the two. Who knows, but as I told the moderation team a while back ago, hell would have to freeze before I'd volunteer to do the thread of the month. I guess hell froze!

One of the neat things of being a part of the moderation team is the ability to give back to the Kerbal Space Program community - and one of the ways we do that is to listen to your voices in selecting the threads of the month. This month, we'll look at two categories of mods. These were the top mods selected by those who participated in nominating threads for February:

General Community Thread of the Month:
This category features a thread that adds to the community and doesn't fit in the game support/game mod categories.

This mod was nominated by members because... who hasn't, at some time, had the problem of not knowing what to name your latest creation? This thread by @Timey has a list of possible names you can use. Have an idea of ship names you'd want to add to this thread? Please do!

Game Support/Game Mod of the Month:
This category features a mod which adds to the quality of life gameplay of Kerbal Space Program. For February, we have two mods that tied for the top honor in this category:

This mod was nominated by several of you and is something that a lot of others have asked for from even the earliest version of the Kerbal Space Program. This mod adds WEATHER to Kerbin! I am sure this mod by @cmet24 will be something many will enjoy!

This mod was also nominated by the same number of forum members. It's a planet pack and it features something from the Star Wars universe - the First Order's Planetkiller base! @RJVB09 has done a great job of merging the two together.

Honorable mentions:
Each month we get so many good nominations to choose from. Sometimes it's a challenge to choose which threads are going to receive the honor of being the Thread of the Month. But because not every thread nominated each month can be selected, there are always those that become honorable mentions. The honorable mentions for February 2021 are:

Honorable mentions for February may not have made the Thread of The Month this month, but if you think they might be worthy of another opportunity, please renominate it!

Congratulations to all the winners of the Thread of the Month for February! We'd like to thank @The Doodling Astronaut, @AlamoVampire@VoidCosmos, @Spaceman.Spiff, @woeller, and @Superfluous J for the nominations!

If you find a thread you feel should be considered for next month's thread of the month, then use the "report comment" feature (the three dots on the upper right corner of the comment box) to report the comment. Please put in the text field of the report post "Nomination for thread of the month" and we will do the rest! You can always nominate more than one thread, too.

In case you missed January's thread of the month, you can click here.

11 hours ago, Le Lynx said:

How to be nominated?

Any thread can be nominated. Self-nomination? There's no rule against it, however, it never looks good when one feels like they have to do that to boost the visibility of their threads.

What I would recommend are considering creating meaningful threads that:

• Highlight some aspect of gameplay or exploits a bug.
  • Highlights your creativity - we've featured threads of the month where folks have written fan fic based on the game, drawings and other artwork they've shared, mods they've created.
  • Are of general interest to the community.
  • Are sometimes of a personal nature but is coming from the forum member's heart.

I've been a member of the forum since 2012; during that time I was graced with one thread of the month. Sure, it is a huge honor but it's not something I went out of my way to do. I think most of those who get nominated for TOTM rarely set out with it as a part of their overall agenda. Just be you; create meaningful threads that you place value on. Be sincere in everything you post (except the forum games).

And most of all, don't rate your forum "worthiness" on getting a TOTM. Lordy, there are a lot of good people here who do a lot of great things and are never nominated for TOTM. There are several threads I have started (which I will be updating soon) which  the only reason I did start them was because I wanted to give something back to the community that shares my passions for Kerbal Space Program. :)

8 hours ago, Curveball Anders said:

Start an interesting thread.

Yes, this. But I could not have typed all that I did above the quoting of your post. :D

8 hours ago, VoidSquid said:

Or bribe someone :D 

I cannot be bought! Well, maybe I can... :rolleyes:;)

• 1 month later...

Honorable mention for the “dont click this” thread... Wasn't that the one where he accused steam or squad of sending virus’ to everyone via a demo and then quickly changed the title when it was pointed out they never shipped a demo?.. Good choice :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.