should realisim overhaul be a stock part of ksp 2

nomerac

26 minutes ago, Kernel Kraken said:

T2 is not a super friendly company, dude.

It's not a super dumb one either.

Any obstacle to modding in KSP2 would be a suicide, even less than optimal mod support could severely damage the project.

41 minutes ago, Master39 said:

It's not a super dumb one either.

Any obstacle to modding in KSP2 would be a suicide, even less than optimal mod support could severely damage the project.

That is a good point. I always did think KSP was kept alive by the modding community.

• 1 month later...
49 minutes ago, adsuri said:

That is not true. People can sue for emotional damages and "being mean to someone" isn't exactly illegal lol, so the same could probably be said for money.

T2 is going to sue modders for the emotional damages they've endured?...

Or is this a "gotcha" where you just read a statement, didn't bother looking into the context of the discussion it pertains to, and had a knee jerk reaction to post something contrarian?

On 1/29/2021 at 5:39 PM, RealKerbal3x said:

Leave it to the mods.

100% agree. If the developers had this to work on too, then it would take focus away from the whole point of the game being the Kerbals and the different area in space, and we would get a lower quality Kerbal game and fewer updates to it. The devs kept saying that the game is going to be highly moddable and friendly to mod makers, especially as there are things that player may want but they don’t want to add in (Eg realism overhaul and weapons). So yeah it makes total sense for the modders to add in these different features for those who want it, as it would result in the devs creating a better base game overall.

no RO shouldn't be a thing in KSP 2. however, it would be cool if there is a setting to enable a "kerbalified" version of our real solar system (still being 1/10 scale, atmosphere still reaching to 70 km on earth, certain landmarks being out of proportion, things like that), but still being playable like the stock system.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/29/2021 at 6:48 PM, pandaman said:

No, not in 'stock' IMO.

As an official, optional, DLC though, then yes I would certainly consider buying it.

i think rss ro should remain free and always be free

7 hours ago, Probro said:

I don't play RSS and I don't plan to do, but if you want an official implementation by the Devs you have to expect to have to pay for it.

Now, I also think that the potential market is way too small for such an addition even as a DLC but we'll see.

17 hours ago, Probro said:

As it is a mod, assuming one is created for KSP2, then I expect it will be free.

The downside, as with all mods, is that due to it being created by 'hobbyists' in their spare time, however skilled and dedicated they may be, it is not the responsibility of the KSP devs team to ensure it works or gets updated and continues to work with new versions of the game.

• 6 months later...

Are either of you actual lawyers? No? I didn't think so.

Getting back to the topic of the thread, I think that they should include modding tools in the game to make it easy to add an RO-like mode.

So for instance you wouldn't need to add a mod specifically to override the stock solar system.
You wouldn't need a mod to re-balance and resize all the parts in the game to be workable in the new scaled solar system, the functionality provided by mods like ModuleManager and B9PartSwitch would be included in the base game.
You probably would need a mod to add construction time and part failures.
You probably would need a mod to add life support requirements to ships themselves and not just colonies, but you would also probably need a cryo-preservation mod to handle the life support needs of trips that travel interstellar distances.

Point I'm trying to make is, not it shouldn't be in the game, but the increased modding support should make it much easier to put in the game.

22 hours ago, James Kerman said:

We do not usually remove threads if other members have replied, if you would like to lock this thread please click on the three dots at the right of your original post and request a lock.

This didn't work because there was no option