What’s hard for you in KSP?

Dr. Kerbal

16 hours ago, camacju said:

I'm bad at landing. I can do the initial constant altitude burn but I can't target a landing with any accuracy, or do the final landing burn. I always end up floating down to the surface and wasting a lot of fuel

I come from the other side of the issue. i always start burning too late and crash down on the surface the first few times.

perhaps we could pilot a rocket together and then we'd land right...

Edited by king of nowhere

More often than not I'll completely botch building new rockets, they always seem to be stuck to the launch pad or fail to get any farther than Kerbin orbit, it's always why I tend to stick to existing rockets to deliver payloads, unless im implementing new technology.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/29/2021 at 9:22 AM, Stone Blue said:

For me, manuevering in space EVA. the kerbal backpac RCS controlls are soooooo un-intuitive, combined with the default camera orientation settings. I wish they had just used the same keys for craft RCS, or done something different w/camera orientation... vOv

Also, I cant spaceplane worth a damn. :P

Me too. I can anoly biuld MK1 and MK2 SSTOs and the chance of them going is is like 10 percent.

On 1/29/2021 at 4:08 PM, Dr. Kerbal said:

Me too! Mine always don’t fall (like crash in the water), blow up the SPH (due to the craft not flying properly), or just bring up in reentry (because I come in too steep).

Mine don't even get out of the atmosphere. 

The very second mine hit mach 1, they spin out of control

On 4/2/2021 at 3:22 PM, OrbitalSpider said:

Mine don't even get out of the atmosphere. 

The very second mine hit mach 1, they spin out of control

Me too. Only 3 of my SSTOs have left and been to Minmus. And one got to LKO

I can get two Kerbals and a picnic basket to orbit in a single-stage spaceplane easily. Getting more than that I've never really been able to do.

I've never returned from Eve, not that I've spent much time there. The one ship I tried with wasn't optimized for it at all. 

ISRU is hard, and setting up surface bases to be able to utilize it effectively is very tough and requires a lot of planning. I'd like to have somewhat self-sustaining exploration at the Jool system, but I need to design and send up a lot of infrastructure.

Moho missions are hard, because the delta-V requirement is always more than I think it is. I've run out of fuel many a time at Moho.

Landing planes is hard. It's even more touchy than landing a rocket, and sometimes (most of the time) your plane doesn't play nice. Landing on a runway is even harder, I almost never bother with it and just go for the dirt.

Just talking about Kerbin, I had a hard time reaching the badlands. The badlands are located on the opposite side of Kerbin, and I always found myself over or undershooting my trajectory to land there. The biome is hard to distinguish from other biomes, especially from space.

7 minutes ago, wpetula said:

Just talking about Kerbin, I had a hard time reaching the badlands. The badlands are located on the opposite side of Kerbin, and I always found myself over or undershooting my trajectory to land there. The biome is hard to distinguish from other biomes, especially from space.

Use airplanes for things like that

31 minutes ago, wpetula said:

Airplanes take a long time to cross the planet, especially early in the game.

Well, yes, but you do have physical time warp.

I suppose I should ask if you are on console or pc, it does make a difference.

Airplanes can be a significant part of the game.  There's a lot to do, and you do have to start off small

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

I suppose I should ask if you are on console or pc, it does make a difference.

The "badlands experience" was on console (I play on PC now). I am a fan of planes, but sometimes I find it less time consuming to use rockets to slingshot me to my desired target.

2 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

It's not the destination its the journey

This is very true! At the time, I wasn't interested in a long journey, so I took the less efficient but ultimately faster route.

Not sure if I already posted here or not...

But for me, simply seeing the missin through is the hard part.

I build a craft, launch it... does it have enough dV left to get to Duna and back? Yes? Good. Revert without completing the mission lol.

I really should stop doing that, because there's a thousand adventures to be had when something unexpected happens and I miss out on them :(

For me though, I think the most enjoyment is in the VAB/SPH and constant tinkering. So I guess I'm just playing the game how I enjoy it most :)

1 hour ago, MR L A said:

Not sure if I already posted here or not...

But for me, simply seeing the missin through is the hard part.

I build a craft, launch it... does it have enough dV left to get to Duna and back? Yes? Good. Revert without completing the mission lol.

I really should stop doing that, because there's a thousand adventures to be had when something unexpected happens and I miss out on them :(

For me though, I think the most enjoyment is in the VAB/SPH and constant tinkering. So I guess I'm just playing the game how I enjoy it most :)

Of course, always play how you feel comfortable. But maybe you could start small, to get a feel for it, like a journey to that monument near the space center and back to airport. Or to the landing strip on the island.

I tend to revert when designing planes and rockets sometimes, but for myself, I have to put my creations to the test. ;p

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.