"Mirror" A KSP Cinematic Movie (+1 hour)

Oraldo revak

Here it is! "Mirror"! After 6 months of work, I finally finished it. Mirror is a Interstellar fiction adventure involving the four legendary Kerbals we all know.
This video has been by far, my most ambitious project! 63 minutes, 826 cut, hundreds lines of diaglogues, 15 musics, +30 crafts (Ship and Interiors) and so on...
Please, feel free to give your thoughts, good or bad :)

Oh my god... this was absolutely amazing. Words can't describe how much effort and time you put into this project... Thank You for creating this masterpiece. I just got around to watching it, and I must say, this is one of the best cinematics I've ever seen. The time and effort put into this is, dare I say, on par with major film studios. I must say, watching this was a much better use of time than watching Interstellar. Imagine if you had the scale or resources of the big film companies!

Now, I do have a few things I would like to point out, though they're all mostly minor and me just being nitpicky:

So, I watched the Kerbalish version (which gives you the most immersive experience in my opinion)

- Numerous typos in the subtitles

- Typos in the credits

Other than those few typos though... this is absolutely amazing! I hope you keep on creating in the KSP community, and I can't wait to see what comes next!

Spoiler

Emiko Station Pt.2 when :P 

6 hours ago, Misguided Kerbal said:

Oh my god... this was absolutely amazing. Words can't describe how much effort and time you put into this project... Thank You for creating this masterpiece. I just got around to watching it, and I must say, this is one of the best cinematics I've ever seen. The time and effort put into this is, dare I say, on par with major film studios. I must say, watching this was a much better use of time than watching Interstellar. Imagine if you had the scale or resources of the big film companies!

Now, I do have a few things I would like to point out, though they're all mostly minor and me just being nitpicky:

So, I watched the Kerbalish version (which gives you the most immersive experience in my opinion)

- Numerous typos in the subtitles

- Typos in the credits

Other than those few typos though... this is absolutely amazing! I hope you keep on creating in the KSP community, and I can't wait to see what comes next!

Reveal hidden contents

Emiko Station Pt.2 when :P 

Thank you. And sorry for the typos.

I admit that I havn't check the Kerbalish version that much...

Well Emiko Station Ep.02 is the next project. 

It will be as long as the first episode (~1h20) so it's going to take some times, specially that's there's difficult thing to "adapt"/find a way to do it in KSP.

My target is May.

Ps: and thank you for joinned my discord server :)

Edited by Oraldo revak

I don't know why it didn't come up in my youtube recommendations until today........... :mad:  Watching it, made a pit stop to comment... great job man!!! Will edit later once I finish it ;) 

Finished... OMG, it is truly amazing! Sharing it immediately in the WDYDIKSPT thread ;) Let's push your views and likes! :D 

Edited by JorgeCS
Just finished the movie

13 hours ago, JorgeCS said:

I don't know why it didn't come up in my youtube recommendations until today........... :mad:  Watching it, made a pit stop to comment... great job man!!! Will edit later once I finish it ;) 

Finished... OMG, it is truly amazing! Sharing it immediately in the WDYDIKSPT thread ;) Let's push your views and likes! :D 

Thank you ;) Yep, YouTube  can be weird sometimes. What's the WDYDIKSPT?

1 hour ago, Helvica_Ring_Scientist said:

Your movie completely has astonished me, and inspired me for my movie too!

I wish my movie will be as good as yours, but... yeah I wish!

Thank you, that's actually my 10th cinematics, I gathered experiences and skill all along to be able to do "Mirror". Good luck with your cinematic :) I wonder what's beyond eloo ;) 

• 1 month later...

Finally saw this thread.  Great movie, a grand concept and an intriguing problem... and just a few (forgivable) plot holes, IMO:

they should still receive any automatic transmissions, beacons, etc; in fact, as soon as they emerge from the wormhole they should be receiving transmissions that were en-route when the system was "copied", and continue to do so until at least the moment of transition (duplication) plus the light lag from Kerbin to Jool.

also, I get why this is probably impractical to show, but shouldn't the bodies back on Kerbin start to decay during the six month journey?  don't tell me bacteria have souls too... or was Bob slightly wrong on the details, and is all animate matter, even very simple organisms, rendered inert?  (getting down to the fine and blurry border of what constitutes "life"...)  Even without decomposition, those bodies are gonna fall over and dry out, etc.

actual spoiler for later:

When they first (literally) launched their matter duplication scheme, I admired the cleverness but was also thinking "oh, I'm sure

that will have no bad consequences or side-effects whatsoever." </sarcasm>  And sure enough...  :P   Spacetime isn't a toy, and you can't just go creating matter out of nothing without it showing up in the balance sheets somewhere.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.