any way to visualize simultaneously the trajectory of three ships?

I am trying to take a screenshot where i show the trajectories of three ships that are taking slightly different gravity assists with very different results. But I can't fit them in the screenshot, I can at most fit 2.

I select a ship and of course i see its trajectory. then i can set ship 2 as target, and see its trajectory too. can't do anything for ship 3 (except set it as target, take another screenshot at the same angle, and painstakingly try to copy-paste trajectories on paint).

i can go to the tracking station but it doesn't show changes in trajectory after a gravity assist, nor does it show the trajectory going on.

ACpVSPG.png

three ships incoming for tylo. this is tracking station, won't show them closing on tylo at all

fUjSUU5.png

one goes on to laythe, one makes an injection burn to stay on tylo

pOErvzu.png

and one takes a larger trajectory that will eventually see it on Pol

can i capture all those in the same screenshot?

It won’t be an in-game screenshot, but you could use my web app to get an image with all three trajectories. You can upload your savefile, and then select the three crafts you’re interested in to be added to a rotatable 3D plot, of which you could grab a screenshot or save as an interactive HTML file.

https://ksp-trajectory-illustrator.herokuapp.com 

(forum thread linked in signature)

7 hours ago, theAstrogoth said:

It won’t be an in-game screenshot, but you could use my web app to get an image with all three trajectories. You can upload your savefile, and then select the three crafts you’re interested in to be added to a rotatable 3D plot, of which you could grab a screenshot or save as an interactive HTML file.

https://ksp-trajectory-illustrator.herokuapp.com 

(forum thread linked in signature)

I tried to, but it won't load the save file. I tried both drag and drop, and to open from the browse menu, and i tried with different files. it says "updating" for a few seconds, then nothing happens

2 minutes ago, king of nowhere said:

I tried to, but it won't load the save file. I tried both drag and drop, and to open from the browse menu, and i tried with different files. it says "updating" for a few seconds, then nothing happens

Darn. Nothing appears in the dropdown menu underneath the upload box? This could be a bug, or it could be the fact that the UI is confusing. It also could be failing if you're using any mods that change the solar system (RSS, OPM, other Kopernicus mods) without telling that to the app.

If you don't mind, could you share your savefile with me somehow (e.g. PM me a link to it on Google drive)? If it's a bug, I'd like to figure out what's going wrong

15 minutes ago, theAstrogoth said:

Darn. Nothing appears in the dropdown menu underneath the upload box? This could be a bug, or it could be the fact that the UI is confusing. It also could be failing if you're using any mods that change the solar system (RSS, OPM, other Kopernicus mods) without telling that to the app.

If you don't mind, could you share your savefile with me somehow (e.g. PM me a link to it on Google drive)? If it's a bug, I'd like to figure out what's going wrong

no, nothing appears. i am using few mods, the only important one is kerbalism, and none of them modify any orbit. though kerbalism modifies resources, maybe that's still enough to mess with your tool?

anyway, PMed you a link

3 hours ago, king of nowhere said:

i am using few mods, the only important one is kerbalism

It turns out that some sloppy code in my savefile reader couldn't handle some Kerbalism stuff, but it should be fixed now. Sorry about that!

I'm not sure if these are the right crafts, but here are a couple quick plots I made from your save with the app.

SuX5VJw.pnglqTsMH2.png

2 minutes ago, theAstrogoth said:

It turns out that some sloppy code in my savefile reader couldn't handle some Kerbalism stuff, but it should be fixed now. Sorry about that!

I'm not sure if these are the right crafts, but here are a couple quick plots I made from your save with the app.

SuX5VJw.pnglqTsMH2.png

thanks, no need to be sorry for ssomething that you are providing freely.

the three crafts look like the right ones, though i can't figure out why only two are shown with the correct trajectories near tylo. I will look better later

1 hour ago, king of nowhere said:

the three crafts look like the right ones, though i can't figure out why only two are shown with the correct trajectories near tylo. I will look better later

Your savefile has actually been really helpful for debugging. Earlier, the app wasn't correctly loading crafts with only 1 existing maneuver node, but this has been fixed now. I think I also plotted some debris instead of your third craft, so you can ignore the red orbit in the plots from last time

ZFBry78.png1RW4bxj.png

Just now, theAstrogoth said:

Your savefile has actually been really helpful for debugging. Earlier, the app wasn't correctly loading crafts with only 1 existing maneuver node, but this has been fixed now. I think I also plotted some debris instead of your third craft, so you can ignore the red orbit in the plots from last time

ZFBry78.png1RW4bxj.png

here, i was just trying to figure out how to plot the images decently, but you did it for me. thanks!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.