I was wondering if Stock visuals and Astronomers were the only visual packs? I can't seem to find any others and i didn't know if they are just the only ones or they're just the BEST ones. Sorry if this is a dumb reason to create a new thread! Love you all!!!! :P 

Sci-Fi Visual Enhancements used to be pretty good (and added dust storms to Duna :cool:) with much lower impact on your computer than SVE or AVP, but I don't think its up to date any more.  Someone I think made an update for it, but I'm not 100% sure.  The stock EVE configs are an improvement over the base game too.

Edited by Cavscout74

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2021 at 10:14 PM, Cavscout74 said:

Sci-Fi Visual Enhancements used to be pretty good (and added dust storms to Duna :cool:) with much lower impact on your computer than SVE or AVP, but I don't think its up to date any more.  Someone I think made an update for it, but I'm not 100% sure.  The stock EVE configs are an improvement over the base game too.

huh i dont think i've ever tried EVE without AVP or SVE i might try and see how that looks. and maybe take a look at the sci fi one. thanks for the reply! :D

Astronomer's Visual Pack and Spectra are two that are up to date; personally I think Spectra looks better and it also seems to require less computational power than AVP does, but Spectra is only for the stock system whereas AVP also works with the Outer Planets Mod and adds its effects to those planets too. I've used SVE in the past, in my original career game in 1.7.3 and I think some of the effects in there are really nice (lightning effects and such), but I don't think it's up to date any more and might not work in more recent versions of KSP.

If you just want some nice clouds on Kerbin, the default EVE config would do that for you; if you want nice looking atmospheric and ocean effects, scatterer does that; if you want some souped-up terrain, look at Parallax; if you want plants and moons to reflect light onto your spacecraft, that's PlanetShine; if you want to see planets, moons and even other spacecraft at a distance, Distant Object Enhancement is for you; all of them can be used separately or together depending on what effects you want and whether or not your PC can handle it.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.