Throttleable Kraken/Zombi Hybrid Drive

I had been away from KSP for a few months, and stumbled across a video on a new type of kraken drive, the Zombi drive. Definitely has some nice features, such as not exploding in a horrible ball of death, working consistently everywhere, and operating at low speeds. However, I haven't seen any throttle-able version of this drive, so I re-downloaded KSP and set out to make one. I ended up making a little bit more, because I didn't like the lack of insane acceleration packed into a tight space.

This thing was a bit of an adventure to make, all because I kept trying to make it more powerful or easier to use with fancy robotics sequencer toggles that it didn't need.

https://kerbalx.com/TheUnamusedFox/Throttleable-Hybrid-ZombieKraken-Drive-w-Example-craft

BX6NiIg.png

That little light beside the green one is the indicator light for the k-drive same vessel interaction toggle. If it's on, you are channeling the kraken.

Zombi drive produces ~284 Kn of thrust.
K-Drive produces ~1200 Kn, depending on planet, speed, altitude, and price of tea in china.
Fine throttle mode k-drive can produce as little as ~2 Kn, but is dependent on the same variables

[Action Groups]

1 - Toggle K-Drive [Yellow = On]
2 - Zombi+Kraken Afterburner [Green]
3 - K-Drive Throttle [Red]
4 - Fine/Limited Thrust Throttle [Blue]
5 - Toggle Zombi [Red face back = off]
Zombi only toggleable in mode 2, greatly reduces thrust if at full throttle. Also prevents re-engagment of zombi drive if you throttle down.

Edited by TheUnamusedFox

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.