Need help with mission: Where is the location?

vdiu4n6p0ke61.jpg

Basically, its a "go fix this rover on the mun, then move it to this location"

As you can see on the nav-ball, and the small bit from the map, then I am right on top of the damn point... but the mission isn't registering it.

I can drive back and forth on the location, nothing happens.

What is happening? is the location set "too low" in the terrain or something? Is there a way to fix this bug? Do I have to do something special with the rover? I attached a pilot seat and a solar array on it, so it could be powered and driven to the location in question, which was 2km from where the rover originally was (where you can see the lander on the map screenshot)

Please advice

The very bottom tip of the icon is supposeed to be the location. But one thing the navball is telling you is that the location is below you. So you need to go downhill. There is a chance that your target is below ground, and unreachable.

Edited by bewing

Try opening up the zoom map from SCANsat, it should show you exactly where the waypoint is so you can drive right on top of it, even if you haven’t done any scans of the Mun yet. These waypoints tend to have a radius around them which counts as ‘on’ the waypoint so maybe you”re not quite close enough? It’s also possible that because of your terrain detail settings the waypoint is underground, not much you can do about that as changing this setting mid-game is a good way to have landed vessels end up under the ground and being destroyed.

If you’re sitting on top of the location and the contract won’t complete it’s entirely fair to cheat complete the contract- open the cheats menu with Alt-F12 (or the pause menu > show version information), go to the contracts tab and click complete on the contract.

I'll check with scansat - but I do believe that the waypoint is borked

and I seriously hope that its not my terrain detail setting... I started out this playthrough trying to use the paralax mod to make everything all purdy, but I couldn't get it work, so I removed that mod. I really hope that didn't bork terrain height markers now :(

23 minutes ago, webkilla said:

I'll check with scansat - but I do believe that the waypoint is borked

and I seriously hope that its not my terrain detail setting... I started out this playthrough trying to use the paralax mod to make everything all purdy, but I couldn't get it work, so I removed that mod. I really hope that didn't bork terrain height markers now :(

Terrain detail changes the shape of the terrain, not the textures- that’s a totally different setting. Higher terrain detail means the terrain has more polygons in it, higher terrain textures makes the terrain look pretty regardless of the polygons that form the underlying shape. Parallax adds textures on top of the terrain but does nothing to the underlying polygons.

2 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

Terrain detail changes the shape of the terrain, not the textures- that’s a totally different setting. Higher terrain detail means the terrain has more polygons in it, higher terrain textures makes the terrain look pretty regardless of the polygons that form the underlying shape. Parallax adds textures on top of the terrain but does nothing to the underlying polygons.

well then the quest itself is just borked :(

On 1/31/2021 at 1:22 AM, webkilla said:

I can drive back and forth on the location, nothing happens.

There is a bug. Load game from the point before You reached location, then turn on the rover and roll slowly to the location without bypasing it. It will do the job. Stop in the location when mission is marked green and go to space center. Save game - achieved.

Rover missions are terrible about it.

Edited by vv3k70r

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.