On 2/5/2021 at 4:48 PM, The Doodling Astronaut said:

My list of new named and new unamed planets was lost. But instead of trying to revive that, I will try to get information for u here.

Alright here we go, let me find some images to use and I would recommend uploading them on a site like Imgur Aziz:

Exoplanet Theory 1 (debunked [later reconized as Eeloo])

unknown.png

I first thought this was a new planet but after reviewing some footage in better quality (1080->4K.) You can see the ice canyons and such it isn't Eeloo

Exoplanet 2 (Comfirmed yet unnamed)

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

This is probably the most shown exoplanet in trailers (excluding maybe Glumo and Ovin,) It was first speculated to be Charr, but I found footage from PaxEast (or West IDK,) that showed the same planet and for a sec you could see the star. It was tiny, so I don't think this would be Charr

Exoplanet 3 (Confirmed yet unamed)

unknown.pngunknown.png

Note image 1 might not be the exoplanet but shows similar characteristics. This planet was also confirmed later after Minmus was spot lighted. There is footage of a staff member holding a model of it, but because of losing articles and images, I can't find an image of it just yet.

Exoplanet 4 (Speculated)

unknown.png

In this clip, we see terrain with a kerbal, but if you look closely, there is a gas giant with a bright spot on it. The shadow behind the kerbal may make it look like that this is a vacuum moon, but I believe it has an atmosphere. The patterns if you high contrast look to be different than of Jool and more of Jupiter.

Exoplanet 5 (Disputed)

unknown.png

This one is disputed from the last time I said it was an exoplanet. As people thought it was Tylo. After further review with the terrain, the terrain of Tylo and this exoplanet seem to not match. But as we have seen from Vall, there might be a change in the terrain. 

Thanks for the shots.

Now the Eeloo is obvious, but the resolutions doesn't help much so I'm leaving that out.

11 hours ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

Exoplanet 2 (Comfirmed yet unnamed)

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

This is probably the most shown exoplanet in trailers (excluding maybe Glumo and Ovin,) It was first speculated to be Charr, but I found footage from PaxEast (or West IDK,) that showed the same planet and for a sec you could see the star. It was tiny, so I don't think this would be Charr

Now there you're right, it was shown few times so I'm keeping these screenshots, however there's one more that you didn't include - in "future tech" video there's a short clip of the same vessel we see in these pictures on the right, but then the camera goes up and shows something that looks very much like Ike, with two types of gray on the surface. So could it be an early try on Duna without atmo? Apparent size of the star checks out. Well I don't know, but I'm keeping them for future.

11 hours ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

unknown.pngunknown.png

Note image 1 might not be the exoplanet but shows similar characteristics. This planet was also confirmed later after Minmus was spot lighted. There is footage of a staff member holding a model of it, but because of losing articles and images, I can't find an image of it just yet.

First could be an exoplanet, but also looks kinda like Minmus, maybe Vall (note that Vall kinda lost its greenish hue in the pictures I provided earlier, so it might me it). Second, looks like anything. About the model, yes I've found it, but it looks more like Gilly-kind of body, small, uneven tarrain with craters. We'll see.

12 hours ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

Exoplanet 4 (Speculated)

unknown.png

In this clip, we see terrain with a kerbal, but if you look closely, there is a gas giant with a bright spot on it. The shadow behind the kerbal may make it look like that this is a vacuum moon, but I believe it has an atmosphere. The patterns if you high contrast look to be different than of Jool and more of Jupiter.

I think that bright spot may be just glitched reflection, we've seen plenty of them in other footage. So if this was Jool, the moon the Kerbal would be standing on could be only Laythe, based on the size. But who knows.

Exoplanet 5 (Disputed)

unknown.png

This one is disputed from the last time I said it was an exoplanet. As people thought it was Tylo. After further review with the terrain, the terrain of Tylo and this exoplanet seem to not match. But as we have seen from Vall, there might be a change in the terrain. 

I'm more interested in that giant crater we can see there. But yeah it could be anything. You have bigger shot though by any chance? It's tiny really.

Exoplanet 4 (Speculated)

unknown.png

This could just be some footage of a Kerbal gazing at Jool. The gas giant reflected off of the Kerbal’s helmet dips green. And I don’t think the devs will add more than 1 green gas giants. So it’s Jool. The ground seems to be a moon with grayish surface so this could be Tylo. If it was Laythe the atmosphere would be visible.

unknown.pngunknown.png

I think this is Minmus. Due to it blueish greenish color.

6 hours ago, The Aziz said:

First could be an exoplanet, but also looks kinda like Minmus, maybe Vall (note that Vall kinda lost its greenish hue in the pictures I provided earlier, so it might me it). Second, looks like anything. About the model, yes I've found it, but it looks more like Gilly-kind of body, small, uneven tarrain with craters. We'll see..

There are two of them

One of a gilly like body, then there was another clip in a more recent one I believe of this one

6 hours ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

This could just be some footage of a Kerbal gazing at Jool. The gas giant reflected off of the Kerbal’s helmet dips green.

unknown.png

You may be right, but there are two problems:
1st Background terrain, The terrain doesn't seem to match with anything we have yet. The only one possibly is Vall, since that is now more greenish. Pol has a simmilar terrain but runs into problem 2;

2nd Distance of gas giant, from the helment, it looks like the gas giant is closer than what any other moon with similar terrain offers, too large to be Pol or Bop, might be small enough to be Vall?

6 hours ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

I think this is Minmus. Due to it blueish greenish color.

The main point of confirmation was the recent highlight of minmus

unknown.pngvBDGKbH.png

Minmus has more a moon-like look. Minmus also doesn't have craters (from this shot at least.) Here is the expanded shot, 

unknown.png

It just doesn't seem to fit with the info of Minmus we have now. You could see the flat from this angle as minmus is like that.

@The Aziz. I would also like to include that the Kerbals will be animated. They will be effected by the external forces during flight. The will shake and be affected by the surrounding areas and environment. Also the Kerbals will now scream when amoung crashing.

• 2 months later...

Minmus has got me confused, the ground shots show the steep slopes much like we see in KSP 1, but the far shot shows Minmus much less bumpy than we're used to. Could it be that KSP2 will have much larger scale planets? That's the only way I can conciliate the images of minmus' slopes with the far away shots.

26 minutes ago, Jack Mcslay said:

Minmus has got me confused, the ground shots show the steep slopes much like we see in KSP 1, but the far shot shows Minmus much less bumpy than we're used to. Could it be that KSP2 will have much larger scale planets? That's the only way I can conciliate the images of minmus' slopes with the far away shots.

The devs have said before scale is the same as ksp 1

14 hours ago, Jack Mcslay said:

Minmus has got me confused, the ground shots show the steep slopes much like we see in KSP 1

They don't look that steep, also the slopes in ksp1 are several km high, not sure if that's still a thing in ksp 2. They may be smaller but more uneven. I mean we see craters in orbit shot, so it definitely changed.

Plus, I'm not 100% sure that these ground shots are from Minmus, but they look like they could be, based exactly on colors, distance from the star and terrain itself.

But then, look at recent pictures of Pol. It's one of the smallest moons and yet there's still a lot of variety.

Edited by The Aziz

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think so, there's not even a rumor of any kind about such thing being considered, only fan-made ideas/suggestions/discussions. Unless of course I missed a dev's comment about it, but knowing this community, someone would've digged (dug?) it up by now.

Was part upgrade ever mentioned? In original game there was some mod about it but I think it's no longer supported. For me, it's a neat future that would make a game a bit more realistic, since manufacturers upgrade their e.g. engines as well. Merlin 1D is one of the most recent examples. It's so much better when compared to previous variants, it actually doubled the payload of Falcon 9 to LEO. Also, it would be nice to stay in one family of rocket engines (or other part).

9 minutes ago, NPT156 said:

Maybe add antimatter engines. Are those better than torch drives?

Theres some debate it seems on that, but in my opinion, YES ANTIMATTER GOOOOODERR!!!!

I did some crazy reached have identified these parts in some of the KSP2 videos.

Kerbal Space Program 2 - Show And Tell

RE-MS Mainsail Liquid Fuel Engine

Mk1-3 Command Pod

Rockomax X200-32 Fuel Tank

TD-25 Decoupler

Mk16-XL Parachute 

Mk25 Parachute

Kerbal Jetpack

Kerbal Space Suit

Kerbal Helmet

Kerbal Neck Ring

S1 SrB-KD25k Kickback Solid Fuel Booster 

Gigantor XL Solar Array 

Clamp-O-Tron Docking Port Sr. 

Mk2 Cockpit 

2.5m to Mk2 Adapter

Mk2 Rocket Fuel Fuselage

Kerbal Space Program 2 - Show and Tell Highlights (February & March)

J-X4 Whiplash Turbo Ramjet Engine 

Kerbal Space Program 2: Episode 1 - Next Gen Tech

Gigantor XL Solar Array 

Mk1-3 Command Pod

Stratus-V Cylindrified Monopropellant Tank

Rockomax Brand Adapter

Clamp-o-Tron Docking Port

Communitron 88-88

AV-T1 Winglet

Aerodynamic Nose Cone

Service Bay (2.5m)

TT-70 Radial Decoupler

TD-25 Decluoper

Kerbodyne S3-14400 Tank

Rockomax Jumbo-64 Fuel Tank 

C7 Brand Adapter Slanted- 2.5m to 1.25 m

OX-STAT-XL Photovoltaic Panels 

EAS-4 Strut Connector

FL-R1 RCS Fuel Tank

Kerbodyne ADTP-2-3

Advanced Reaction Wheel Module, Large

Communitron HG-55

LV-N Nerv Atomic Rocket Motor

Have you seen this yet? 

I bet it will give you nightmares. especially the plush one :0.0:.

Edit: Oh, I didn't realize it wasn't going to be in the game :|

Edited by SpacePerson

• 4 weeks later...

Updated with latest info, but for the love of Kraken, this post became a mess, can any of the mods help me sort it out? Forum editor just can't handle it, spoilers and lists are all over the place.

On 6/12/2021 at 10:17 AM, The Aziz said:

Updated with latest info, but for the love of Kraken, this post became a mess, can any of the mods help me sort it out? Forum editor just can't handle it, spoilers and lists are all over the place.

I'm not really sure what you're referring to, it looks decent enough to me. If you want to see things in preview mode, though, you can hit the paper icon with the magnifying glass, all the way to the far right side of the WYSIWYG editor.